• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Satellite TV Help Needed

Hawkzzz21

Hey, I need some advice for a satellite company. I'm looking to switch from cable to satellite.

I have found two main companies. Direct TV and GoDish Network. Which one is the best? Is there more?

Also, what is the blackout thing about. Not sure I understand it. Some packages offer a ton of Fox Sports Networks. If I have Northwest Fox, that would normally carry the Seattle Mariners and Seattle Supersonics Games, and since I live in Georgia. Does that mean I don't get to see them? Since my zip code doesn't fall in their region?

Any more advice would be helpful, and anything I should add to my serice that would only be 5 or 6 dollars more a month.

THANKS!

You can get the fox sports net package from direct t.v. for like $12 a month. Only problem is your major pro sports Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey will get blacked out unless you buy the packages for the individual sport. In other words if you want to see the Mariners you got to buy mlb extra innings and for the Sonics you need to buy nba league pass. I live in Jersy and to see my Hawks I had to buy league pass. Also you wont always see the Seattle games on the Seattle Fox because the league pass and mlb extra innings only offer one telecast per game so you may have to watch the opposing teams network coverage. I have yet to figure out how they pick which coverage you get but when I dont get the Hawks announcers it sukkkks.