• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The real problem with the Hawks

BornandDieHawks

First of all, I would like to let everyone know how I have enjoyed reading your posts. I have not engaged with some of you since the old Hawks Vent in the AJC. It's good to talk to real Hawks fans because there is not a lot of us out there and everyday we are losing fans because of our horrible play.

The real problem with the Hawks is we all (Owners, GM, Coach, and Fans) thought we built a good foundation last year with Childers, Smith, and Harrington. So our management went out and attempted to build on that for the future. With the exception of Harrington for the most part Childers and Smith have not live up to expectations. JJ will never be the point we are looking for if he has to carry the scoring load every night. I know Smith gained muscle in the off season and provide us with some defense inside some nights, but everyone was counting on him being a scoring option this year. For you all who say Woody has not develop these players, tell me who developed Kobe (Jackson), Lebron (New coach this year so you can't give him the credit) AI (Larry Brown, who admittly did not talk to AI much during his day in Philly, the point is these player have to develop their game on their own and it's obvious our players did not do that. Until these players who we entrusted so much our the future of the Hawks on start to produce some results on a consisted basic we are doomed to another long year being the butt of all NBA jokes.

So how do you explain this team alot of the time looking as though they have no clue what they're to do on the floor and not playing hard???

That's coaching my friend...I'm as big a hawk fan as there is and i'm pulling for Woody...But, the guys simply aren't playing hard for him.

Salim was the ONE and ONLY reason we stayed in that...he almost willed us to victory...we need more guys like Salim, JJ and Marvin...you see a different look on their faces...they're competitors and they HATE to lose.

You have to hate your present to birth a new future...so unless the we get some guys that hate to lose and have a "refuse to lose" mentality...we'll continue in this spiral.

Quote:

So how do you explain this team alot of the time looking as though they have no clue what they're to do on the floor and not playing hard???

That's coaching my friend...I'm as big a hawk fan as there is and i'm pulling for Woody...But, the guys simply aren't playing hard for him.

Salim was the ONE and ONLY reason we stayed in that...he almost willed us to victory...we need more guys like Salim, JJ and Marvin...you see a different look on their faces...they're competitors and they HATE to lose.

You have to hate your present to birth a new future...so unless the we get some guys that hate to lose and have a "refuse to lose" mentality...we'll continue in this spiral.

I was wary of Slim's haphazard play, but with the heart he is showing on the court, I am giving him a pass out there. Marvin is showing some signs as well. I would just as soon keep Zaza, JJ, Slim, and Marvin, and put anyone else on the block and see what we can get big-man or PG wise.

i still think it's entirely too early to just make your own guess that the entire reason we are having problems is that our coach isn't good enough. We need stability at that position. Even if he's not a good coach, he sure is at least an average coach.

Again, we all called for Stotts head on a stick and he's doing well in Milwaukee. Sometimes it's the players looking lost cuz they're still young and trying to get chemistry. When a player looks lost, it doesn't mean automatically the coach sucks.