• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons win their first game!!! (1-2 record)

cyman3

That about sums it up. Vick is clearly getting better with each game. He is obviously more comfortable with the offense than he was last year and he looks very poised out there. He definitely has a better understanding of the pro game than he did last year and his QB skills are getting better and better. He is throwing the ball EXTREMELY well from the pocket as well as when he rolls out. His accuracy is getting better and better and he threw several passes last night that were simply things of beauty. The post he threw to Finneran for the first TD was an incredible throw but the 2nd TD to Finneran was even more impressive as he was running to his left and threw a STRIKE on the dead run. If ANYONE throws a tighter spiral in the NFL, I don't know who it is.

The Bengals are pathetic. Frerotte started the game at QB and was pulled after going 0-7 with a pick (should have been 2 picks). Kitna was only marginally better and the Falcons did a GREAT job of shutting down Corey Dillon. The Bengals were never in the game and didn't even cross the 50 until we were up 20-0.

All in all, a very impressive performance in a must win situation in front of a national audience. If Vick felt any pressure, he certainly didn't show it.

Defense is coming around. We are getting some players

back from I.R. and they are beginning to understand the

new defense, which helps.

Duckett got to play in the second half this time and looked

like a runaway truck almost every time he touched the

ball.{hard to stop -- Good power runner}

Mike Vick settled down, threw from the pocket more and

was, as usual, the leading rusher. When everyone drops

back deep to cover the recievers and the line does a good

job, which they are getting better at doing, then he has

the ability to take off and make them pay.

If they leave too many up close to prevent Vick from

getting loose, then someone will get open for the pass.

Cover all this and Duckett gets the ball and runs over

everyone. He is not even half as good at blocking as

Christian but he can be better if he will follow the

example Christian sets.

Dunn is elusive and dangerous as a reciever as well as

a R.B.

Special teams looked good. They can play a major role

in whether a team wins or looses.

Cincinatti has some good players, one or two very good

players, but they started out poorly on offense. They

played a decent defense. Too many mental errors that

were unnecessary combined with poor field position

took them out of the game.

Gray Mule

the Bengals. The Bengals are horrible. They have been outscored like 84-16 over their first 3 games. They didn't even cross the 50 until the Falcons had 20 points. The Lions aren't very good either but I could see them winning a few games once Harrington gets some experience. How will the Bengals beat anybody?

When Brian Urlacher was asked about Arron

Brooks he said"Brooks is good,but he is not

Michael Vick"

That's a pretty big statement coming from

somebody like him.I can't wait to see Vick

vs. Warren Sapp!

Sapp is awesome and you KNOW he is going to be trying to get to Vick and get inside his head. The O-Line has been MUCH better so far this season and they had better be on their game or Vick could take a beating. TB runs a lot of zone blitzes and they are good at it - just ask Kurt Warner. That could pose a problem for Vick. I think the best course of action is to Vick him moving out of the pocket early and often and wear down those big, fast D-lineman in order to slow down that pass rush late in the game.

On the other side of the ball, I really like the improvement of our D since the Packers game. We have been very good the last two games and that is without 2 of our best players in Buchanan and Hall. Overstreet is likely to play against TB as well and that is good news too. The big difference between this year and last year is that Wade Phillips has shown the ability to make adjustments. We couldn't stop the run and now he is running a lot of 4-3 instead of 3-4. Our pass defense was the worst in the NFL last year and so far this year, it has been very good despite a lot of injuries to key players. Don Blackmon is a nice guy but he couldn't make adjustments if his life depended on it.

I think Ronde Barber will get Vicks first

INT this season also you have to be aware

of John Lynch.Tampa Bay will not play as

good this time as they did on Monday

Night.They play on a whole new level

againest the Rams and usally don't play

aswell againest everybody else.

I like Sapp but I'd like like him to eat the dirt

like Ted Washington did a couple weeks ago.

I could see Sapp falling flat on his face trying

to chase down Vick.

Vick's head had definitely better be on a swivel with that guy around. He tries to KILL people when hits them. I'd LOVE to have him at strong safety for us.

As for Sapp, he's awesome too. When he comes to play, he's virtually unblockable one on one. you're right about the Rams. The Bucs always seems to play their best when they play the Rams.