• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No respect for Lenny

TrentL2

• Premium Member

There's one person who understands "The GREAT ONE". Lenny has put up an amazing career. I think the thing that would cap it off would be a Finals appearance with Vince Carter this yr. It would be the guy who builds winning teams vs. the Guy who always has the most dominant player in history (if the Lakers can make it).

Lenny averaged 49 wins here and he still gets no respect in Atown.

That's why he has never coached a star player.

Add that to the fact that he is a horrible motivator and too stubborn in his own ways, and you see why he is one of the WORST coaches the NBA has seen. He's got the wins due to longevitiy, and I have to give him credit for being able to pull the wool over people's eyes to continue getting a job.

Lenny Wilkens belongs in the ranks with Bill Fitch and Doug Moe. Decent coaches in their time, but far from the great coaches their amount of wins seem to suggest.

him since he was 21. Why doesn't that count as good coaching of a young player? Kobe is obviously a great player but it took Phil's coaching to make him understand what it took to win championships. If Lenny can teach Vince Carter to play like he has to in order for the Raptors to be contenders, I'll give Lenny his props for that.

• Premium Member

20 out of 26 seasons he has taken his team to the Playoffs. Mostly teams with no great players.

with us he averaged 49 wins. We'd s--- a brick if Lon could get us 42 wins.

He's coaching Vince Carter now. Do you think he Loathe him too?

• Premium Member

Kobe was a third yr player when phil came along. A two yr starter. He had done it. I would consider Kobe as being the same as some draft pick. IN fact, read what Phil has to say about Rookies. Had he been with the Lakers, he would have never drafted Kobe. Phil believes that Rookies come into the league nowadays with NO fundamentals and it is a waste of his time to train them. Pat Riley too. Look at what Riley has done with House and other promising Young players in Miami, NY, and LA. He would rather get CBA talent and let them play for him. It will be interesting to watch C. Butler.

I have a feeling Riley might cut Butler loose

and let him play now.Maimi doesn't have a

real shot now.When Brian Grant is your second

best player you aren't going to have a very

good year.