• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Randy Moss

Gray Mule

Randy Moss showed his donkey last night. This very

talented NFL player is a head case. So much natural

talent, such a great wide reciever, making the kind of

money for one game that most of us mere mortals work

a lifetime to obtain, and he is running wild.

He believes, apparently, that he is above the law. He can

do anything he wants and if he gets in trouble his fame

and his money will get him out of it.

Sad, isn't it? Do I feel sorry for him? Actually, I'm sorry

that he wants to throw away his life in this manner. Such

a waste. He is not a man. A man wouldn't act the way

he does. He is a child in a man's body. That's sad.

Gray Mule

All 3 are great talents and all 3 are head cases but on pure talent alone, I think Moss is the best.

Randy made an incredibly stupid decison but this incident was blown WAY out of proportion by the media and by the police. The initially proposed felony charges were ridiculous. According to witness statements, he CLEARLY was not trying to hurt this lady and she was taking her job WAY to seriously. How many people are going to stand in front of a car and refuse to move to prevent the car from making an illegal turn? I understand her blowing her whistle and signalling for him to stop but once he didn't, she should have moved out of the way, got his tag number, and called the police. He would have been cited for refusing to stop for an officer and for making the illegal turn. Case closed. I work in law enforcement and I wouldn't stand in front of a car to stop a felony bank robber from escaping, let alone to prevent someone from making an ilegal turn! That is INCREDIBLY stupid! Is it worth risking your life to prevent an illegal turn?

Sometimes I think the worst thing you can do is give someone a uniform, a radio, a flashlight and a little bit of authority. I don't know if you guys have heard the Bud Ice commercial featuring the parking control officer but this incident reminds me of that lady. In the commercial, the lady says something like: "My name is Sherry Siefert. I am a parking control officer. Call me a meter maid and I'll tow your a**! I keep snapshots of every car I tow as mementos and I petition the mayor's office for higher illegal parking fines! I have towed ambulances responding to 911 calls and firetrucks responding to 3 alarm fires! Say anything other than thanks for the ticket ma'am I'm a low life piece of double parking scum and I'll tow your a**!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any excuses for Moss, the idiot should have stopped. He thinks the rules don't apply to him because of who he is and he has no respect for authority. Unfortunately, that sounds like a lot of rich celebrities (not just athletes) out there. I don't know if Moss will ever be confused with an upstanding citizen. Still though, he shouldn't be held to a higher standard than anyone else and in this case, the incident was blown way out of proportion. Moss SHOULD realize that there will always be a microscope on him because of some other incredibly stupid decisions he has made in the past. Unfortunately, he has not matured enough to understand that and until he does (if he EVER does) he will find himself in situations like this again. He is such a great talent that you hope he will get it one day but I'm not sure he ever will. He's definitely not a role model but the kid is definitely a hell of a football player.

Like I said before...Randy is only good if you

run him down field as fast as he can.He doesn't

go over the middle enough(from what I have seen)

and he is a chicken that is scared to take hits.

I think he should be thrown out of the NFL.He is

a worthless crackhead.Sadly,that's is the kinda

guy people enjoy these days and is a big part of

why the US is in such bad shape these days.I

heard them say in the news he also had traces

of some drug in his car.Oh well wasn't Kerry

Collins a drunk a few years ago?lol

and both are very strong and very physical. Clearly they are better than Moss in situations that require physical strength and they are both a lot more comfortable going over the midde. Owens and Boston are bigger and stronger than a lot of tailbacks. Moss on the otherhand is just a superior playmaker. There is not a DB in the NFL who can come close to defending him one on one. He is the best in the business at going up and making a play even when double covered and as fast as Owens and Boston are, Moss is faster. Randy is not as strong as Owens and Boston but he DOES block for his teammates contrary to what the media will have you believe.

Moss is definitely a problem child but he's certainly not worthless and he's not a crackhead either. The trace amount of drug in his car was marijuana. Marijuana possession is illegal but it is not as bad as crack as evidenced by the fact that the amount found in his car would only rise to the level of a petty offense whereas ANY amount of crack constitues felony drug possession.

Again, I'm not defending Moss' actions. I think he was wrong and deserves whatever punishment he gets. I just don't think that he is any more disruptive than Boston or Owens when it comes to playing football and if the Falcons could get him, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I don't look at professional athletes as role models (although some of them are) any more than I look at anyone else. I look to them to provide entertainment for me and Moss certainly entertains me. Would I prefer that the guys I like to watch be great guys? You bet but its not a requirement. Hell, Michael Irvin is one of my favorite receivers of all time and LT IS my favorite linebacker.

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0926/1437175.html

Of course he doesn't understand why he is punished..

Hell OJ got away with murder.Didn't that one dude

that plays for Denver get away with racial slurs?Hell

they are sportsmen why should they get punished?

Not only is Moss killing the Vikings,but sooner or

later he will damage the NFL's fanbase.To be

honest the NFl has been headed on a downward

spiral the last couple of seasons anyways.

"Moss is definitely a problem child but he's certainly

not worthless and he's not a crackhead either. The

trace amount of drug in his car was marijuana.

Marijuana possession is illegal but it is not as bad

as crack as evidenced by the fact that the amount

found in his car would only rise to the level of a

petty offense whereas ANY amount of crack

constitues felony drug possession."

Well people that do kind of stuff is worthless to

me.Thank god I've never made these type of

mistakes.I might not be the nicest person in the

world,but I dont do these stupid things either.

I have made it a rule not to discuss football in this forum, save my playing with Dolfan23 over his precious Canes. But I couldn't leave this one alone.

For once I agree with a lot that Traceman is saying.

HotlantaDude " He is a worthless crackhead." that was funny. " Sadly,that's is the kinda

guy people enjoy these days and is a big part of

why the US is in such bad shape these days" You are an angry guy. You should consider comedy as a career, I am not being sarcastic, you could do the whole I am pissed off about everything routine. You would be very successful.

He committed a felony offense that was decreased to two misdameanors just because he is a star NFL player. He shows no remorse for what he has done or ever done. I just find it incredible that you want to say this is overblown!! When a police officer tells you to stop your car, you stop the damn car!! You don't physically assault that police officer like Moss did. Moss continually bumped the police officer with his car. I don't care if you think the officer should have gotten out of the way, that is assault on a police officer. And Moss should still be in jail for it.

As long as this son of a bitch is getting off this easy, he will continue to do so. This pot smoking sociopath will never learn because he is so secured by his star status.

This doesn't even include the fact that he doesn't play 100% when he's on the field. He doesn't overexert himself to get to a pass, cuts off his routes when he doesn't want to run them, and if the ball isn't going to him, he may just stand in one position out there on the field.

This guy is a cancer that is destroying the Minnesota Vikings. Look at the common denominator in all of the Vikings blowups over the last two years. Yep, Randy Moss.

If I was a teammate of his, I would beat the living [censored] out of him! I know that he's a guy I'd be gunning for if I played against him on the field, and my sole purpose would be to make him feel pain. To take him out!!

I don't care how much potential big play ability this guy has. It doesn't outweigh the distractions his attitude and behavior causes, and it doesn't offset that he is far from being a team player.

You dang right I am a angry person.ESP when these

people think they deserve to get off so easy and claim

"they are just one of the guys"it's a joke.

Of course you agree with what Traceman is saying....

and the lady is NOT a police officer. The lady is a city employee but her job is "parking control officer." Parking control officers are NOT police officers. They are not armed and they are not sworn. They have no arrest authority. Their job is to ensure that people obey the city's parking laws. Period. Now does the fact that the lady was not a police officer make Moss's actions okay? Certainly not. He STILL should have stopped and did what she asked him to do. But he did NOT assault a police offcier (he didn't assault anyone) and that's why he was not charged with that offense. What he did was stupid. He slowly proceeded down the road as she backed down the road with her hands on the hood of the car. He didn't "hit" her with the car. How do you "push a person on foot for half a block with your vehicle" if the person is not backing along down the road? She obviously didn't feel that he was going to run over her or she would have moved out of the way. In addition, if you intentinally hit a person with a vehicle, they are either going over the car, under the car or to the side of the car. This never happened with this lady. She fell and he stopped. All witness acounts CLEARLY state that Moss was not trying to hurt this lady. The bottom line is that he was just being an [censored] and he should have stopped but he did NOT assault her. He was appropriately charged with two misdemeanors, one for "failing to obey a traffic officer" and one for "careless operation of a vehicle." That's what he did and that's what he should have been charged with. Just because he has a checkered past does not mean that he should have been charged with a felony in this incident.

Moss may very well be a "son of a bitch" and a "weed smoking sociopath" but he was not guilty of assault in this incident.

Moss may not give 100% on every play (few players do) but he's still the best WR in the NFL.

Moss is DEFINITELY not responsible for the destruction of the Minnesota Vikings, the loss of almost all of their Pro Bowl players is the reason they are not very good. You can't lose players like John Randle, Korey Stringer, Randall McDaniel, Robert Griffith, Chris Carter and Robert Smith and replace them with the scrubs they have and expect your team to compete at the same level.

Moss has always been somewhat of a distraction but it is just magnified now because the Vikings suck. As far as Moss being the common denominator in all their troubles over the past few seasons, that's debatable but the fact that he has been their biggest offensive weapon is not.

You say that if you were a teammate of his you would beat the living [censored] out of him (I don't know about that) but I haven't heard ANY of his teammates come out and say they dislike him. In fact, he and Culpepper are VERY close and I know he and Carter were very close too.

I'm sure may DBs want to take Moss out and make him feel pain but none of them are anywhere near good enough to make it happen and I'm sure if you were out there against Moss, he'd light you up just like he lights them up! It's hard to hit what you can't catch.

I guess time will tell whether Moss' talent will make up for the distractions that his behavior causes. All I know is that his first 5 seasons in the NFL have been nothing short

of incredible. I LOVE Randy Moss' talent and I LOVE watching him play. If he stays healthy, I think he will continue to be the best WR in the NFL. He's not a role model by any stretch of the imagination but I don't watch him because he's a role model. I watch him because he is one of the best who has ever lined up at the WR position.

Man, I could care less if he does drugs, hits his wife, kicks his dog, or throws rocks at kids. He is the greatest talent in the NFL right now, with my man Michael Vick within seeing distance. I love watching him play, and I don't care what he does off the field. Culpepper is the cancer of that team, it's not Moss. Remember Moss is the reason this team came out of no where in the late 90's. Highest scoring team ever, in 98' and Moss was just a rookie. If you don't watch Moss all the time, then I'm sure you will disagree with me, but trust me. We haven't seen the Vikings commit fully to him, and when they do it will be scary.

Like I said all he can do is run down field can't

even go over the middle....He hasn't even caught

100 passes in a season yet, nor did he have have

the most receiving TD's last year either or he was

even 1st in catching yards either.The most catches

he has ever had is 82 that is nothing all that great.

But if you enjoy guys that get paid millions of bucks

to give half assed efforts that is your problem.However

I actually expect these guys to give then effort since

they are GIVEN so much money.

He is a good player but isn't deserving of respect.

Traceman I have so much respect for you right now it is scary. Finally one other person that can see through the media's B.S.

One of the ESPN announcers said "Moss pushed the lady for a half a block" This is whats called a extreme exaggeration/ lie. Here on earth Moss actually moved her all of 2 feet. Thats not even half my body.

And for those that don't know how much of an a** these traffic people can be try going home after a Georgia Football game. I tried to ask one of the traffic directors how to get back to my side of athens because after a game they shut down certain roads. He basically told me to just keep moving and he is not going to talk to me, even though he was directing me in the opposite direction of my house.

Now me being the sane person I am just kept going, but I could see someone just disreguarding him and going the way they always go. In the end it took me 45 minutes to get home when I live 10 minutes away.

Needless to say I was pretty ticked.

Hotlantadude, I can understand the stats not making sense. The Vikings have not committed to Moss fully. He can only catch the ball, if it is thrown his way.

He dives to the ground to save his body. The NFL is real grueling over a 16 game season. He feels it is better to avoid hits, than get an extra yard or two. A lot of guys do this, it is mostly your quarterbacks and no one argues when they do it. I feel Moss is as much as a franchise player, as any QB.

He will be on National TV (ESPN) Sunday Night, and he always performs big in the national games. With the Vikings 0-3 and this incident that has occured, I expect him to give us a performance to remember. I just hope Culpepper can keep his head in the game.

Hey whats up BHD. Sorry I havent been able to post as much, but these stupid proffesors at UGA think they actually should give work during the school year =. Don't they know this is a party school? O well I try to get on as much as I can. Usually when I get back though I have over 1000 post to read so I get frustrated.

Though all in all I'm just hangin in there.