• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because I'm a hawks fan (unlike yourself)...

i love when people say stuff like this

I think the picture in his signature makes whether or not he is a hawks' fan very clear

He's more of a 'winning arguments on the internet' fan smile.gif

I see. Anyone know what the world record for most number of interlaced quotes on a message board is?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think the picture in his signature makes whether or not he is a hawks' fan very clear

I see. Anyone know what the world record for most number of interlaced quotes on a message board is?

nowhere even close to this

it's at least triple digits

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok well never mind then

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok well never mind then

alrighty then

• Premium Member

IF Being a Hawks' fan means that I blindly follow the program and I never voice my opinion/critique. If Being a Hawks' fan means that I stupidly believe the BS that goes around like:

"JJ will be a top 10 PG"

or

" Marvin is the BPA by far"

or my favorite...

"Marvin is better than Micheal Jordan at this age" - KB...

Maybe I'm not.

I mean fan does have it's root in Fanatic... which is someone who doubles their effort while losing tract of the goal...

Maybe there is something greater which can be applied to us who follow the Hawks closely but has a brain and thinks and is not ashamed to disagree.

There is a difference between not making ridiculous statements claiming Marvin is the second coming of MJ, and hosting a picture in your signature whose only purpose is to mock one of our players and show him failing.

Many here are skeptical of Marvin's performance and future

Only one person is rooting for him to fail and enjoying his missteps

That is not something a fan does, but you wouldn't know anything about that

• Premium Member

Just because Marvin is a Hawk doesn't mean that he has my loyalty as a fan.

I wasn't loyal to JR either. Nor was I loyal to Theo...

Many of you hated Big Dog.

Many of you hated Rasheed and was happy when he was gone.

Don't be a hypocrite...

I have only disliked players because of things they did. I have never disliked a player we drafted before he got a chance to develop. I have never disliked players because I wanted the GM to get someone else instead. I have never disliked players because they aren't quite good enough.

The only reason I have disliked any hawks is if they were selfish on or off the court, putting their interests above the team.

What you are hoping for is for Marvin to fail, and as a consequence, for the hawks to be worse off in some sort of personal vindication. That is not what a fan would do.

I know man.

There's a big difference between people like Sheed or JR where those guys personally did destructive things that alienated fans. Marvin hasn't done anything. I could understand being against BK because you think he made the wrong choice, but rooting against Marvin is just would be wrong if you were a fan

It's like for a while there, I thought Lue was a significant part of our problem. But I still don't root against him or blame him. I blame BK for not getting us a real PG in front of him, and Woody for not pushing him to hold the ball less and look to pass more. I do think he has improved a lot, and I will always root for him to improve so long as he is here. I would take no joy in him sucking from here on out and killing our season.

Quote:

That is a picture of pre-game warm-ups. It looks like he is stretching, hardly failing. Those warm-ups look navy blue.

no I didn't see it, but apparently it was during layup lines, he stepped on his sweatpants and fell down face-first. That's why it's in the signature

• Premium Member

Hell, I hope that Mavin is the next Tmac.

BUT...

I'm critical.

Marvin is the HIGHEST DRAFT PICK IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE I LOVE....

I have a right to be CRITICAL.

Here's my example to you.

This Christmas, I bought myself a 51" Toshiba HDTV.

It's the biggest TV I have ever bought.

It's the most expensive appliance I have bought since my first computer.

Do you think I'm not going to be critical?

Do you think I'm not going to note ever function and be critical of what it has and what it doesn't have?

Do you think I'm not going to be mad when my neighbor tells me he found a better TV (Sony) at a lower price?

Do you think me being critical means that I hate TVs or that I hate Toshiba??

You should learn the difference...

• Premium Member

Also...

my sigfile... It's funny. I laugh everytime i see it.

I usually put something funny in the sig file.

weather it be Marvin falling (which is hilarious, Al couldn't stop laughing, I guess he's not a true Hawk either)... or George Bush's letter asking for a bathroom break... or Walter.

Lue has his limitations, but he is a professional. He doesn't care about coming off the bench and isn't playing for stats. The commentators last night remembered how he torched them in their building last year for 29 pts in the Hawks OT victor. He was hitting that floater in the lane last night over and over.

In the last two games he has 38 pts, 11 assists and only 3 turnovers, shooting over 50%. Granted he isn't a strong defender but you have to give him props for getting the offense going. he has hit some clutch shots over the past few weeks.

If Ivey was able to play 20 minutes a game at the point it would make the team a lot better. right now JJ is spending too much time at the point and it is hurting the team. He is a good ball handler and passer, for a 2. But he had 6 turnovers last night against a weak defense.

Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of JJ but they have to bring someone else in and get JJ to play more off the ball. I just hope BK isn't too stubborn to see it.

• Premium Member

You're basing my fandom on my sig picture...

For months didn't you have the picture of BK not shaking Belk's hand... Belk was still an owner, this incident represented probably the lowest moment in Hawks history.. Yet you glorified it as your sig file...

R U a Hawks fan?

I'm not sure which is more irritating- Diesel with his extreme anti-Marvin bias or KB21 with his equally over the top, "Marvin will be one of the best players in the league in 3 years time, and this is as good as Chris Paul is ever going to be." spiel. Diesel and KB21 represent the most extremist viewpoints on both ends of the spectrum, so I guess they're probably equally irritating- as extremists always are, no matter what stripes they wear or view they represent.

The other point about extremists is that they're always very, very loud and persistent in trying to promulgate their views, and that loudness tends to drown out any and all more reasonable viewpoints. I myself am a member of the mostly silent majority, those who are honest enough with ourselves to admit that we have no idea what Marvin's future holds, we have no idea how good (or how much a possible bust) he might be, but just basically keeping our fingers crossed, hoping for the best for him and that everything works out.

• Premium Member

I'm critical and opinionated, but I'm no extremist.

If Marvin became the next Jordan over the next 3 months, I would be so happy, I wouldn't know what to do.

What is worst than an extremist however is an arrogant, smug joker who sits on both sides of the fence and has no opinion. It makes me say... "what's the purpose?"