• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Theo the Crybaby returns.

Diesel

• Premium Member

In reply to:

"My therapist tells me I'll never be 100 percent like I was before the injury," Ratliff said. "But when I'm on the floor, I can play at a 100 percent level."

Damn. Does this means that we have to watch Crybaby sitting in street clothes everytime he feels the slightest bit of uncomfort?

Has anybody ordered that Heart for Theo YET?

I think we have a shot at the playoffs with

or without him.However we would need a

backup center like Ervin Johnsonto backup

Nazr.

The Bucks almost made the finals with:

Sam Cassell

Ray Allen

Glenn Robinson

Jason Caffey

Ervin Johnson

We could make the playoffs with:

Jason Terry

Ira Newble

Glenn Robinson

SAR

Nazr Mohammad

However I hope Theo can give us 50-60

games ATLEAST.

Theo is a better defender and shot blocker but

Nazr is a better rebounder and scorer.

We know what Theo said about his health, but...

"One of the most highly-regarded defensive centers in the NBA, Theo Ratliff has been working hard all summer to get back in rhythm after a long rehab period (and 79 games missed last season) from a hip injury.

“They couldn’t keep me off the court this summer,” said Ratliff. Regarding the playoff guarantee, Ratliff says, “We expect to go to the playoffs. We just have to live up to it and keep our mindset on nothing else but the playoffs.”

and, "He's looking really good. He's been very explosive, very quick and aggressive. He's really focused and eager to play for real again" - Lon

Sounds like he's pretty healthy and has been playing all summer - and from all reports looked good at JT's Celebrity Event...

I have to agree with Diesel alittle bit.It's good

to know Theo is honest about everything but his

health is still a big question mark.Diesel doesn't

firmly believe Theo will play alot this season and

and he has alot of reason to believe that.

• Premium Member

It's the same show and tell that Theo always does. However, it will take HEART to play when you're not 100%. Theo has rarely shown that kind of Heart. What kind of player sits out a playoff game (in street clothes) because of a calf strain. Even if it's an enormous amount of pain, a player with some heart would have at least suited up and tried to ride the bike or something. Same Theo told Geiger to take his time trying to get back into action. Theo has always put the court behind life after basketball. and call it what you want, it's why he is so injury prone. He refuses to play if everything isn't close to 100% for him. Ultimately, I think that's why Brown traded him. Brown knew he didn't have enough Heart to return. Now we have a built in excuse coming. To my knowledge, Mash suffered the same problem, went to the same doctor and I haven't heard of Mash doubting his ability to come back 100%? I guess it's the way you look at it. The cup is half full or the cup is half empty.

Guest Walter

First, I'm not sure Brown wanted to trade Theo (However, he wanted a run THAT YEAR and also wanted Deke...Yeah, like that "want" lasted after he watched him a year.)

Second, Brown traded Deke for Todd Mac and Van Horn!!!!!!!

How much heart do you have to be missing to be traded for Van Horn and Todd Mac?!?!?!? He also traded FOR Coleman! N-O HEART! He also traded away Lynch. ALL Heart! He also traded away Hill. Tremendous Heart as well.

Brown trades players away with heart (Lynch and Hill, even Jones) and trades for players without it (Todd Mac, Van Horn, Coleman).

Considering Theo insisted upon plyaing even summerleague ball when he and his Docs state he is not and will never be 100% (whatever that is) shows that "heart" is not lacking. Perhaps it never was. Perhaps as a result of his coming to terms with his injury, learning awareness and self treatment of his own body, he has discovered a willingness to play even when previously his mind told him to be careful.

W