Ratliff Relishes Return to Court

jaywalker72

• Premium Member

Have you looked at the Logjam they had at 2/3?

Halmilton/Barry/Curry/Davis/Moore/Manouke/White/Prince/Williamson.

The fact that the better players are:

Halmilton/Barry/Curry/WHite/Prince and Williamson, somebody still had to go. OVer the summer, Joe was evaluating his "Young talent" Prince, White, and Okur. He talked about how much more polished Prince was versus White. I don't think that White is a troubled player because he may win the start in Denver. I think that for a team with that many 2/3 prospects and alot of them starter quality that white couldn't be waited on.

The question will be who will be their starters?

I see:

Billups/Halmilton/?/Robinson/Wallace.

That question mark could be Williamson, Curry, Prince, or Barry. Good money goes with Prince because he has the size and the shot. However, old man Curry's defense might steal that spot?

You thinking that Prince is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA despite having yet to play a single NBA game is subjective.

Me thinking that prince was NOT impressive during summer league play after averaging 7 ppg is subjective.

Yes, Dumars asserted that he was "impressed" with Prince's 7.3 ppg and overall play in the summer league. He also asserted that he was impressed with White in that very same article so take that praise for what its worth. The point is however that Dumars' assessment of Prince's summer league play is subjective.

You said:

"OK, so now you want to make it a subjective statement when your intent was to downplay what he did."

What did he do? He averaged 7 ppg! I'm not downplaying anything, I'm stating a FACT. The FACT is that he averaged 7 ppg. Whether his summer league performance was impressive or not is subjective. I say it was not impressive, Dumars says it was.

The bottom line is that I didn't mislead (or attemt to mislead anyone). I stated that Prince was not very impressive during summer league play and I don't think he was. If you (and Dumars) do, that's fine but that doesn't mean that it is a FACT that he was impressive. That's an opinion and that makes it subjective.

I was impressed by Lon's coaching in the 2nd half of the season last year. So was Babs. Does that mean that it is a FACT that Lon was impressive as a coach in the 2nd half of last season?