• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Randy Foye

exodus

This from NBADraft.net's stock watch:

Randy Foye 6-3 205 PG Villanova Sr.

For a player who began the year not even on the draft board, Foye's elevation to a projected lottery pick has been this year's biggest surprise.

Foye was always seen as a talented combo with a good offensive game, but too much of a combo to be much of an NBA prospect. But after a summer in which he gained valuable experience playing for the USA Junior National team, Foye's skills and confidence are riding high.

Villanova suffered their first loss of the year Sunday to West Virginia, however Foye once again played well, with 24 points and 3/7 from 3 point (9/9) from the line.

Foye is leading a top 5 team in all three major statistical categories with 20.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 3.9 apg. His ability to create offense for himself and others is amongst the best in the country. He has also become a lot better decision maker, bringing his assist to turnover average up to 1.70 (from 1.39 last year).

He's playing so well, and with a disappointing year from the other top point guard prospects, that it's very possible he could be the first point guard selected in the

2006 draft.

Isn't he more of a shooting guard? Don't the Hawks have enough undersized shooting guards?

Are there any combo point/shooting guards that have success in the first 5 years of their careers (obviously guys like Billups, Iverson, etc. have achieved a modicum of success but only after being established vets)?

Foye played the point his first three years. He is playing some off the ball this year because they brought in a 6 ft freshman that they really like and they have to play him at the point.

The knock on Foye before this year, from what I have read, is that he played too out of control and was a little turnover prone. Apparently he likes to take it to the basket (just what the Hawks are lacking) and was overaggressive.

I haven't actually seen the guy play but from what i have read he is one of the best perimeter defenders in college ball. And having JJ as a 2 gives the Hawks more options for who they bring in to play the point.

I plan on watching some of his games to see for myself what kind of player he is.

I tuned in last night to watch Texas vs. Iowa St. to see Aldridge of Tx & Stenson of IoSt. but the guy who really impressed me was IoSt. PG Will Blaylock. Blaylock is tied for second in the nation in assist at 6.8 per game. He really runs the floor well and has improved his scoring ability this year. He weighs about 200 lbs also so his 6ft height is not a problem. Plus we could use another Blaylock in the ATL!