• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rondo not at the point?

exodus

Yeah I was watching the Kentucky/UGA game and Sparks was bringing the ball up, i just turned it off, because I was only interested in seeing how Rondo ran the offense. It doesn't make much sense because he certainly isn't a spot up shooter, so what good is he if he isn't the guy handling the ball?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

so what good is he if he isn't the guy handling the ball?

Maybe he just isnt that good in general.

Yeah. That is probably why he leads the team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.

Glad you have now watched a fourth game of his career but you need to lay off the generalizations based on limited sample size.

UK has struggled to involve Sparks in the offense this year and his numbers have been down across the board - especially his shooting. When Sparks handles the ball more, however, he improves his game considerably and he is a true PG as well. Rondo's scoring also generally improves when he doesn't have to be the primary ball handler and he is a position to do more in terms of rebounding as the SG than Sparks can. That is why they are trying out this lineup instead of the Rondo PG, Sparks SG that they have run for most of the year. UK is just desparate for wins and trying to get this team going by any means necessary and letting Sparks return to his Western Kentucky roots where he ran the point seems to be a way of getting more production out of him.

In sum, this move has much more to do with Sparks than it does Rondo.

Interesting move. Have to give you credit for watching all the games because they are pretty boring lol. They just swing the ball casually around the perimeter, nobody trying to drive and put pressure on the defense.

I had to turn it off before the first half was over.

Also notice I said MAYBE he isnt that good, realizing that maybe something else was going on.

• Moderators

This is a brutal year for Kentucky, honesty, so I don't blame you for not watching everything. The Auburn game was a win but another ugly outing in many respects.

Hope you caught Rondo's game winning 3 the other night against SC (who just beat #5 Florida)!

Nope missed that. Let me ask you something.

You saw how much hype Rondo was getting here. I didn't know him from a hole in the ground so I watched some games but I don't have the full story obviously.

Where do you think he should fall in the draft if he declares, or should he declare at all?

• Moderators

If I was advising him, I would predict that as of today (important qualifier) he would go around #6-15 in the draft depending on team needs and his workouts (he would come off well in the measurables but not as well in the skill drills other than dribbling since he is not a great shooter and can't showcase things like help defense and passing in these drills). I would advise him to go back to school to become a more complete player and a little more mature before entering the NBA. A few weeks ago I would have figured him gone after this year for sure but I am not so certain anymore. We'll have to see.

• Moderators

Incidently, the switch worked very well last night. Sparks had a season-high 25 points and seems rejuvenated. Rondo had his typical all around game:

9 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block

I too have only watched a few Kentucky games just to get a look at Rondo and I can't say that I'm all that impressed. Don't know where the hype is.

Guess I have to give the benefit of the doubt due to the lack of games I have seen...

Like last night, saw him come down the floor and chunk up a wide open 3, CLANK. Not very smart comin' out of a timeout (as the commentators spoke to)... Got Tubby's eyes bulging out with that staredown.. lol

• Moderators

Rondo's play has deteriorated some this season (not because of the 3pt clank - he is just a bad perimeter shooter at this point in his career). He needs to develop some better discipline on the court and improve his basketball IQ. I think at this point I would be very dissappointed if the Hawks ended up taking him with our pick in the draft. I'd like to see us pick up another first and get him but there is no way he should be a top 4 pick playing like he has the last couple weeks.

I'm doubting that he'll come out at this point. Unless UK makes a run (into the tourney), he'd be wise to plunge into another year of college, developing those facets of his game that are lacking.

Granted, I don't know his family's financial situation, but, in the long run, this owuld be the better decision by far (professionally and financially).

• Moderators

Apparently, he has been driving around Lexington in a huge #*&$ car bought by Derek Anderson (the Rockets guard). The NCAA and SEC have cleared it but it makes me think he is of the mind to come out after this year.