• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's official, I've given up on Mike Woodson..

chillzatl

Quote:

I am thinking BK has to go for the Hawks roster to be filled out. He obviously doesn't understand the importance of a point guard. He said as much to Lascar and his actions prove it.

Everyone here(except maybe johnnybravo) can see Ivey is easily the best defender at the point we have. So if the offense is clicking when he is out there you have to leave him in the game. That is just basic common sense.

I have pretty much stayed off Woody's back, but the reality is I haven't seen anything to make me believe that he is a good coach.

You are right...the statistic above was the worst statistic I have ever seen. Ivey plays the first 5 minutes of each half when both teams are cold and shooting percentages are lower...so of course they score less when Ivey is on the floor.

Ivey had a nice game last night but they come too far and few between. The reason why we lost is because Woodson nappy head ass can never call timely timeouts. When the lead went from 11 to 6 in the 3rd he should have called a timeout...not when the lead goes from 11 to 2. He also failed to realize that the best defender to keep on Lebron is Josh Smith. JJ and Childress are too light and Harrington is too slow. When Smoove was on him in the first half Lebron was nonexistent.

Why we are keeping Woody on board is a mystery to me.

Quote:

When everyone in an internet chatroom agrees on things in a game, you know it is a bad situation. Last night was one of those times when everyong in their living rooms could easily have coached the game better. A few things that irk me about Woody:

1. Ivey/Lue - No doubt we need Lue's offense, and no doubt I feel Lue deserves minutes for this team as it is built right now, BUT yanking Royal Ivey when he is out there playing stellar D, getting boards, blocking shots (!), and shooting well is just unfathomable. Last night Ivey was looking like Mookie Blaylock out there, doing everything and not making mental errors...and he comes out after 4 minutes in each half. It was obvious Royal was giving them fits, and Woody stuck with his guns and pulled him.

2. Josh Smith - When he's hot, he sits him for entire halves. When he's awful (like last night) he gets minutes. WTF? This whole situation is proof that Mike Woodson is not all together with it.

3. The timeouts. Lenny Wilkens had a way of weathering the storm on some runs and not panicking with the timeouts. He felt the way the game was going and used them wisely. Woodson waits until an entire lead evaporates before calling timeouts. Hell, I have seen subs sit at the scorers table waiting to go in and Woody lets time tick away without calling a TO to get the player in the game. Just not smart coaching.

Also last night, and I know this won't be a popular opinion, When Zydrunas got #5 and had to sit, Woody pulled Zaza...why? Zaza could have freely banged inside, rebounded, and gotten to the line (and made the FTs). Instead Woody went small and the torching began.

I am losing faith in Woody as well. A new direction might be a good way to go IMO.

How was Smith horrible last night he shot 4-5 with 6 rbs and 2 blks. His block shots lead to big plays in the game. He was playing good defense on Lebron as well. I dont see how he had a horrible game last night.

A post from 11/18/05..

"BK needs to be Fired!

This is the only way Mike Woodson will be let go and he needs to be fired ASAP.

This team is totally lost on both ends.

Do not give effort, they don't pass ...settle for jump shots and they don't play D.

Woodson has to go...this team will make no improvement under him, so we waste time getting back to being respectable....we are easily the worst team in the league...

The players have quit on Woodson.

If anybody pays to see this [censored] they are foolish.

There is no discipline on this team...players can do what they want to at anytime.

Al's lazy ass needs to be on the bench in a contract year...he only gives effort when the ball is in his hands...

JJ walks off the court after every timeout looking like he is wondering why in the world he left Phoenix.

This team is dead without a experienced coach to take over....what is Lenny Wilkens doing...hell what is Chuck Daly doing...Pat Riley.....hell Paul Westphal...somebody help.

How in the world did we not hire Mike Fratello."

Mr. Woodson should've been fired a long time ago but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I wouldn't be shocked if we see him coaching next year, LMAO LMAO. Can someone answer this question for me--WHY the hell is Joe Johnson taking shots when there were like 3 Cavs players all over him in the last few minutes of the game. Then he hogs the ball and commits a turnover. This whole management sux and the worst part of it all is that they don't even listen to the fans! I think for one night the fans should strike and leave the arena COMPLETELY empty to see how the front office reacts. They probably wouldn't even care.

Quote:

Quote:

When everyone in an internet chatroom agrees on things in a game, you know it is a bad situation. Last night was one of those times when everyong in their living rooms could easily have coached the game better. A few things that irk me about Woody:

1. Ivey/Lue - No doubt we need Lue's offense, and no doubt I feel Lue deserves minutes for this team as it is built right now, BUT yanking Royal Ivey when he is out there playing stellar D, getting boards, blocking shots (!), and shooting well is just unfathomable. Last night Ivey was looking like Mookie Blaylock out there, doing everything and not making mental errors...and he comes out after 4 minutes in each half. It was obvious Royal was giving them fits, and Woody stuck with his guns and pulled him.

2. Josh Smith - When he's hot, he sits him for entire halves. When he's awful (like last night) he gets minutes. WTF? This whole situation is proof that Mike Woodson is not all together with it.

3. The timeouts. Lenny Wilkens had a way of weathering the storm on some runs and not panicking with the timeouts. He felt the way the game was going and used them wisely. Woodson waits until an entire lead evaporates before calling timeouts. Hell, I have seen subs sit at the scorers table waiting to go in and Woody lets time tick away without calling a TO to get the player in the game. Just not smart coaching.

Also last night, and I know this won't be a popular opinion, When Zydrunas got #5 and had to sit, Woody pulled Zaza...why? Zaza could have freely banged inside, rebounded, and gotten to the line (and made the FTs). Instead Woody went small and the torching began.

I am losing faith in Woody as well. A new direction might be a good way to go IMO.

How was Smith horrible last night he shot 4-5 with 6 rbs and 2 blks. His block shots lead to big plays in the game. He was playing good defense on Lebron as well. I dont see how he had a horrible game last night.

He looked out of sorts last night. It was apparent that he wasn't in the flow of the game. He did have 2 blocks, but he wasn't all there.

Of course, he could have shot 0-10, spit on a fan, and fouled out and you'd find a way to praise him. He has good games and bad games.