• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New guy on board. My perfect scenario for a point.

TheDude

Hey guys, good to see a good message board site for Hawks fans. The espn one sux.

I read on espn.com some days ago that there is a chance that Cleveland would trade Andre Miller for a future no 1 pick(plus some more) so that it could have a major stake in the Lebraun James sweepstakes next year. This would also give them a poorer record to help get them there.

I would love to trade one of our number 1 picks for Andre Miller. The guy is the real deal. One of the best if not the best point in the league. Just what we need.

That or get Terry to switch to point and let DerMarr blossom.

Gotta let you know that this board is firmly set in stone that JT is already the point. He finished the year there and we believe that he wont be moved again.

Also, I hate to crush your dreams, but it would take MUCH MUCH more than a future pick to get Miller. We would likely have to give up JT and picks to get him, but I would rather keep JT myself to be honest. Most of us would love to have Miller, but we can use our resources better and grow with JT as he becomes the next EC All-Star PG.

The league is filling up with JT's at PG...Jason Williams/

Stephon Marbury and others are score first PG's.Miller

and Kidd are likely the last past first PG's for a long

time.IMO either JT plays PG or gets traded unless we

get Jason Kidd or Baron Davis and that isn't going to

happen.So either JT plays point or gets traded.

Hawk fans here know a thing or three about this game of NBA basketball

and we love our Hawks. We firmly believe, or at least most of us do, that

we are capable of making the play-off next season with the players that

are on the present roster and, if we can stay healthy, win the East.

Injuries devistated our team last season, as you know. It is hard to win

very many games with two or three potential starters on IR all the time.

Our big IF for this team is being injury free next season.

Hawks have developed a solid core of young talent that are capable of

carrying this team for many years and Jason Terry is the very heart of this

young group of players. Hawks had to tear down what they had and build

from the bottom up. They had to get worse in order to get better. They were

stuck in the middle. Too good to be bad and too bad to be good.

We had a young, inexperienced (as far as the NBA was concerned) head coach,

who caught a lot of flack because of the players he had to use with the IR always

being completely full and running over. As our core of young players matured and

improved, so did he. Check out the starting five that we expect to have to open

the season. They are a very young but experienced group. Veteran players, who

missed much of last season, will be there to step in and help carry this team. Health

is our main concern for all our players.

Jason Terry ----------Point

DerMarr Johnson -----Two Guard

Theo Ratliff ----------Center

Ira Neuble------------SF

SAR------------------PF

Two young all-stars in SAR & TR with three great young players to go with them.

A young, first round pick in Leon Smith and experienced, veteran players on the roster

make the Hawks one of the top teams in the east.

Our posters here are all ages, from teenagers to grandpaws (Thats Me) and with a wide

variety of views which means we usually don't always agree on a lot of things but we do

have one thing in common --- We all love our Hawks!!!

Welcome aboard -- Always good to hear from a new voice.

Gray Mule

The last 50 games or so, the Hawks held to that lineup, along with Ira Newble playing the 3, and the team did indeed flourish.

It's a shame you hadn't noticed this, or you would be fired up about all the national "experts" who claim the Hawks need a PG.

So, you're right, Terry playing point and Slim playing the 2 is the way the Hawks should go.

Both Terry and Johnson raised their productivity in those roles, and in turn, the Hawks won more games.

Good to have you....keep posting.....

Exxxcceeellleeennntt... I agree that we could keep the roster we have.. Use the second round to pick up some size in case Ratcliff can't come back. I like Jason at the point and I think he has realized the team depends on him there.

I am also glad to see some realistic folks on the board about our playoff chances. I can't see how anyone would think we aren't playoff contenders next year. I actually have a bet with a friend of mine(Celtic fan) for one keg of Sam Adams that the Hawks make the playoffs. He thinks it's an easy win for him but I know 100% i get the keg.

It's good to be an Atlanta fan right now. All of our teams are on the verge of being great and the Braves are doing well right now. The Hawks have an excellent young nucleus of players that IF THEY CAN STAY HEALTHY can be good for a long time. If Ratcliff can come back physically, we are in great position. But we need him, so picking up a big guy, maybe a scrapper with some defensive skills in the second round may be a good idea.

I only have one question that I can't figure out: Since we actually have an excellent lineup right now, what are we going to do with the excess of #1 picks in the upcoming years?