• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team needs Redick

Rexhawk

I am convinced now that we have to take JJ Redick. I know that he can't play point and we have a similar player in Salim, but JJ brings toughness and heart. One of the problems with the Hawks is that they do not have players with a killer instinct. He reminds me a lot of Reggie Miller. I can see JJ runing through multiple screens in order to get open or we could run the pick and roll with JJ and Salim.

I know that JJ doesn't fit our philosophy under Woodson, but Woodson needs to go. If we had JJ, we have two pure shooters on the perimeter that would open up more scoring opportunities for Marvin, All, and ZaZa.

There are no dominant big men in this draft so we are better off trying to find someone like Nene or Chris Wilcox in free agency.

what did stever kerr do that salim stoudamire doesn't? He made a career off of knocking down the open jumper. The man averaged 6 points and 1.8 assists. He is remembered for his part on championship teams, not because his play was exceptional. Both JJ and Salim can be steve Kerr part 2, probably a better even. But there is no need to have both. You could never play both at once, and they both do the same thing.

I would imagine that they are. NBAdraft.net has him going at 7. Various sites have him in the 5-20 range. If he goes 15 or higher, I will be stunned. Actually, it won't surprise me, but I think it will be a big mistake.

He won't be there in the 2nd round, although I would be ok with taking him there I guess

Quote:

If we draft a white guy...it better be Morrison...he is the next Pistol!

See I think Morrison's game will completely transfer through to the pros. He will still be a scoring machine, and he still probably won't play D

We don't need another SF though, so no for us unless we trade someone big

I think Redick will do fine in the pros as long as he winds up in the right situation. I can't see him playing here.

A lot of people are selling him short, which happens every year with the top college players. Everyone says "oh they won't do it in the pros". It is an old recording.

Do people on this forum watch college basketball? JJ Redick is no steve kerr. People are selling him short when it comes to his athletic skills. Think about all of the athletes Reddick has played against since his freshman year (Marvin, Felton, Chris Paul, Jarett Jack, Ben Gordon, Juan Dixion, etc). He also played against Duhon, Dunleavy, and Jason Williams in practice. I think that he will be okay in the pros.

This up and coming draft can not be Chris PaulII. I Love the fact that we draft Marvin, but the Hawks will not be drafting on potential this year. BK and Woodson need to win next year in order to keep their jobs.