How can BK add a big man?

ggp

I have put the Chris Paul thing behind me. We have Marvin and I hope that he will grow into the star that he is expected to be.

The real question with this team is where is the beef? We are weak under the boards. Pachulia does his best and would make a very good complimentary PF, but he gets outplayed by too many Centers in this league.

So, what does BK have to do to add a real presence to the Center postion? Is Aldridge the answer? I don't know. I watch Aldridge as much as I can , but I have yet to see the dominant player that everyone is so high about. I don't think that he is a defensive stalwart. Sheldon Williams seems like a better Center for us, but that may be because he is surrounded by a better team.

Should BK trade our high draft pick on an established Center? If so, who?

I've put some thought into this and I think we'll take Aldridge in the draft and groom him to be our center. He is a good shotblocker with incredibly long arms. As far as free agents go, there's not alot out there, but one thing this season has shown me is BIGS HAVE VALUE. If you look around the league and you want to know what they're looking to add, the answer is usually, "We would like to add more size." The problem is, most teams have no cap room to sign anyone so they're stuck another year without size. So with that in mind, I hope BK signs a one or two bigs with the intention of trading them for picks or other needs.

I don't think any team would trade a quality center for our draft pick.

The two top free agent centers are Nene and Przybilla. The Hawks could trade Al for Nene easily or they could get one in free agency.

Personally I think they need more than one big. They need one now, but when Al leaves they will have another spot open. Most likely they will draft one and get another in free agency.

How to get a big man is the great question, and one that's gonna have to be answered one way or the other. I don't know that Aldridge is the answer either, but I hope he is.

It really is a difficult question though, and one that has cost more than a few NBA general managers their jobs. The eternal riddle and search for the big man. It is a tough one. Wish I had a better answer than that.

Andrea Bargnani is unbelivable!!

I watched his game on this Italian sport channel on satelitte yesterday and the guy has some much talent that unless you see him play you wouldn't believe it. He reminds me of Dirk a lot, and can block shots better then Dirk. He can put the ball on the floor or shoot the 3. He has amazing stroke and if you put a smaller player on him he will knock down the jumper from anywhere, just like Dirk. He just needs to workout a lot and become stronger and he will be next Dirk maybe even better.

His statsline is this:

19pts 5reb 2blocks 8/14 from field and 1/3 from 3 in 27 min of the bench.