• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brookings is second in the league in tackles

That statistic is very misleading because if you watch the game you would know that about 75% of those tackles come more than 5 yards down the field. I would wager to bet he isn't even in the top 20 in takles behind the line of scrimmage or less than 5 yards. This is very disturbing to me because it seems he can't shed blockers until the RB passes him. Being a middle linebacker that is not a good trait.

Honestly, if Brooking can't get into the backfield, that falls more onto the D-Line than him.

Look at Urlacher last year. He had a huge year because he had two huge defensive tackles in front of him, Keith Traylor and Ted Washington.

Both of those guys are big enough to occupy two guys by themselves. This leaves plenty of room for Urlacher to shoot the gaps and make the stop in the backfield.

Our D-Line is horrible against the run, and Brooking suffers because of it.

I realize the D-Line is undersized for the 3-4 defense but they are doing a decent job. Middle linebackers have to be able to shed blockers and Brooking is just not good at it. This is even more important in the 3-4 because there are only 3 downlinemen. Even if he had a horrible defensive line he should still average more tackles in the backfield then he does.

Ray Lewis's big guys Sam Adams and Siragusa were both cut before the season and he is still in the backfield causing havoc. Big Ted Washington went down for the Bears and Urlacer is still producing.

I mention all these guys because I think Brooking is looking to get paid like these two, but he is a full step below them. I don't think people go into a game saying how are we going to stop Keith Brooking. I know they say that about Lewis and Urlacer.

I am not trying to hate on Brooking because I think he is a good linebacker, but he is not the big playmaker that the other two are and shouldn't be paid as such.

Brooking has been a guy who makes plays 3 yards away from the line of scrimmage every since he came to the NFL. He did the same thing when he was backing up Cornelius Bennett and the following year after CB had moved on to make room for Brooking to start. I LOVE Brooking (I wear his jersey on most Sundays) but he's not the player that Lewis or Urlacher is.