• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight sure has alot to deal with right now

Blunt91

I was just thinking about what Billy Knight has to deal with right now. I am pretty sure he has been made aware of the The Snake Steve Belkin trying to slither his way back into ownership. Then Billy is always looking for ways to improve the club(hence the James Lang singing. He is also doing alot of scouting. He will probably be attending some of these NCAA tournament games in the next few weeks. So what does Bernie Mullin & Nique do on a daily basis? Shouldn't they be able to take some of the load off of Billy's hands?

Quote:

So what does Bernie Mullin & Nique do on a daily basis? Shouldn't they be able to take some of the load off of Billy's hands?

Why do you assume Nique and Mullin aren't doing anything? I'm kind of operating under the assumption that everyone in that front office is at work doing something.

RE: Billy having a lot to deal with right now, yes he does. But such is the life of an NBA general manager. It's a really tough job, and every single one of those guys have a lot to deal with. It's tough, but it's also a really high profile, really well-paying gig...hence all the hard work. It's a tradeoff, and I don't believe he's unhappy.

I don't think Bernie gets involved on the basketball side of things. That is what I am talking about. I am sure he has his own duties that relate to marketing & finances but not necessarily basketball operations. I was wondering does Nique do any scouting? If Billy has to scount then certainly Nique can as well. Yes Billy has stated many times that he likes his job.

I have no idea who does what inside the organization, to be honest about it. But I'm sure Billy's got help. I'm assuming he's got separate scouting staffs, for the pros, the amateurs, and maybe even the Euros and Latins.

There's just no possibility one man could do it all.

BK does have help scouting. He let one of his Euro scouts make the last pick in the draft last year. He does have a lot to deal with.

I am not sure what exactly Wilkins does outside of the obvious. Basically what he does is try to recruit Free Agents, represent the Hawks and improve their image. I do like it that he come on 790 every Weds to talk. I think right now Wilkins is probably more of a figure head right now. That is a slap in the face to him. Once he become a part time owner. He will have more say into the matters.