• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A trade with the Spurs

thatsmydawg

Steve Smith/#26 for Kukoc/Glover

Then use #26 and #37 to move up. I think I read where Miami was wanting to move into the late 1st early 2nd round so maybe we swap #10 for our picks.

I know this goes against the info about getting Dickau becasue I'm not sure he's a top ten pick but we could get a good PF if they really want to move Reef to SF.

Also, it would free up some cap space after the season because Smith is in his last year while Kukoc still has 2 yrs on his contract.

what do you think? Would the Spurs do it? Would we?

we had a deal on the table with Miami or a team within a pick or two either way of them. If we could get a pick from 8-12 with that late pick and our second I wouldnt think twice about bringing Smitty home for one more year to finish his career. He would play decreased minutes here now because DJ is our shooting guard these days, but reliable vet than shoot the lights out would be much needed.

I would do to get Toni out of here.But I wouldn't keep Smitty

after the season because he needs to retire and join the staff

in either the office or maybe a assisant coach spot.

This is a pretty fair trade, except changing Smitty to Daniels would be alot better for us. Smitty is beyond ready to retire and AD would give us more of a longterm solution. I dont know if it works by the cap, but it would be pretty straight for ATL n SA. I would'nt mind doing the MIA deal either, hell if Riles is so jazzed to trade down, let's help him out and pick up Qyn with their pick, that n the SA trade would sew up our G/F situation

JT/JV*/junkmail

Slim/Daniels

Ira/ Qyn

Reef/Hendu/Leon

Theo/Nazr

...and unless I'm forgetting someone*, it looks like we'd even have room to re-sign Jacque. It'd make us young, athletic and very quick...

LOL Yeah I noticed that too after I made the post. That slightly raises a problem, with Smitty in the lineup in AD's place we look awright, but are back to our Smitty question we faced lo those years ago.....How long will he last? Of course junkmail could arguably be better suited as a backup 2, contingent on the fact that we re-sign JV; but either way we end up with a patch player backing up the 2...