Pachulia with 12 offensive rebs?

codyatl

He has been playing a lot of mins lately.

NYK-50 mins-26/9/4

UJazz-38 mins-19/15/1

Magic-48/ mins-13/18/3

Magic game was his only real bad shooting game out of those 3. Zaza has done well to get his shooting % up. He is now closing in on 45% after being around 39%-42% most of the year.

Guest Walter

But Woody might take a year or two off a player's career with MPG averages like ZaZa and JJ of late. & with us out of the playoff hunt too.

W

That statement is absurd on Woody's part. Overplaying a player is a recipe for injury.

Z needs help and needs minutes off in a game because he's 21 and not conditioned for 48 minutes a night. There are few players in the NBA that can play effectively for 48, let alone a 21-year-old post player.

The handling of Z coupled with no defense, poor rotations, and loosing track of game situations should equal Woody's exit. Woody is doing what the GM and Bernie said they DIDN'T want a coach to do. Sacrifice player development for wins. Woody has effectively not developed or even given the other bigs a chance to develop in the name of wins. Wins that don't matter nearly as much as developing depth and keeping a player from suffering a potential career ending injury.

He still has no concept of "helping out" defensively.

Don't get me wrong, I like him... But he desperately needs help being more defensive minded...

Also, he needs to learn to "act" less or else he'll get no calls from the refs... Refs across the league are starting to learn he "cries" for fouls and therefore he's not going to get the call when there is a legit foul against him...

• Moderators

Quote:

I think 12 offensive rebounds is an NBA season high. I checked the top rebounders to see their season highs and no one had 12. Chandler was 2nd best with 11. I may have missed someone, but I think that's a league high for Zaza.

According to the AJC it is a season high for the NBA.