If we get lucky enough to be in position to take..

ATL_BALLER

...Morrison, would you?

I know we need to grab a PG or Big, but I figure since JJ has proven that we don't necessarily need a traditional PG, we could throw Adam alongside him in the backcourt.

I absolutely love the fiery fella - and I think the rest of the ATL would too.

Can you imagine?:

Morrison

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

The Big We Acquire for Al

-------------------------

ZaZa

Lue

Chillz

Salim

I love that squad!

I can't believe that Morrison could play anything but the 3. Him at pg would be nothing but a disaster.

Having him at the 3 though is interesting. But doing so puts in the place of having to trade Marvin. I am not ready to give up on a 19 year-old with speed, length, a good shot (that can get a lot better) and defensive skills *yes he can play defense*. At this point I say stick with what we have at the 3/4 and get bigger/stronger.

So, I really don't think drafting Morrison makes sense for the team, but this is BK we are dealing with so our logic doesn't apply to him...

Guest Walter

I think we would HAVE to trade Al and trade Marvin to justify it. I suspect we would not get enough in return for Marvin as to offset the upgrade I think Morrison is at Sf. Thus, a net talent loss. Not good. I'm not saying no, it would just depend upon what we could get for Marvin.

Another question: If Bargnani is as special an impact player as he looks on film, would you trade Marvin and play Josh Smith at the 3? I would!

W

He probably could play the 2 if we had a true PG that was quick as lightening and could penetrate and dish. But playing a 3 at 2 and a 2 at 1 is a recipe for diaster against a quick team.

Still Morrison would be too much to pass on in the draft. Even if we took him and traded him. He will be a hot commodity and just passing on him would be a mistake (IMHO).

• Moderators

Quote:

Even if we took him and traded him.

If we drafted him it would have to be with the intent to shop Morrison and Marvin and see who could command the better deal, IMO. You can't keep and plan to start Marvin, Morrison, JJ and Josh Smith, IMO.

honestly i would LOVE to have Morrison on our team..i think he's definitely a future star..

HOWEVER, with that said, if Billy Knight drafted another SF type guy, every sportswriter not named JayWalker, and possibly 98% of the Hawks fanbase would blast him....

unless MOrrison could play SG..

JJ

Morrison

Marvin

JS

ZZ and whoever we can get.

but i don't think morrison could play SG

• Moderators

Quote:

I guess the argument is that he doesn't have the footspeed to D-Up the quicker 2's in the league-

Yep. He can't D up very well in college and I have a hard time thinking of ANY shooting guards who he could defend, let alone just the quicker 2's.

We have to get someone in that will help us defend against the layup drills that assualt the team nightly. Morrison will be a very good 3, but at the 2 he'll get demolished. I am not sure that Morrison will be able to get his shot if he's played at the 2 either. Quicker gaurds will be able to deny him the ball. The Hawks would have to commit to getting Adam his shots off screens etc. I am not sure that meshes with the other players we already have.

UNLESS the rest of the tourney shows me otherwise.. smile.gif

He's the only prospect I've seen that's draftworthy...

I'm tired of the too many SF talk... Throw that book out the window... I want players on the court that can get it done regardless of their size/position...

Here lately, at the end of the Hawks games, there's no traditional lineup out there... It's all 6-8 players or less out there getting it done... Woody has gone with the hot players at the end of games lately (sitting Harrington or Zaza if needed)...

I think this town would go crazy over Morrison and help fill up the seats...