• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My review of the new Prince album

Plainview1981

Great stuff here.

The title track is without a doubt one of the highlights of the album.. It's one of those strange funk songs that Prince was known for back in the day. Something he really didn't do on this last album. 4/5

Lolita is the second song and it's more pop commerical than the first album.. It's the type of song the girls are more likely to enjoy... Although I must say it contains the nifty line "You try and write checks that your body can't cash" but it's still a solid track. 4/5

Te Amo Corazon is an extremely mellow latin type of song. It's something that will not appeal to everyone, but it can grow on you alittle if you give it a chance. 3.5/5

Black Sweat is another highlight... It's another song with Prince trying to go back to the glory days with his strange funk. The beat is very catchy and it's a song you can dance to. 4.5/5

Incense and Candles is actually one of my favorites... It's a duet and has a modern feel and almost rap feel to it. I don't usally like these type of songs, but this one works for me. 4.5/5

Love is another dance song with a really catchy beat. I think it might end up being an overlooked track on the album due to Black Sweat and Lolita and some others. The lyrics aren't overly impressive, but I listen to Prince cause me makes me wanna dance=)4/5

Satisfied is like an oldtime blusey soul type of song. This is Prince at some of his most soulful. Enjoy this one very much. 5/5

Fury while not sounding as good as it does live, is still a monster of a song. A hard rocking funky song with a catchy

beat. Truly one of Princes best since back in the mid 90's atleast.He rocks out on this one and shows he's always been a very underrated guitar player. 5/5

The Word is one of the downers. True, the music is catchy at times, but it isn't catchy enough to tolerate Prince being preachy here. But hey, can't win them all=) 2.5/5

Beautiful, Loved & Blessed is VERY poppy syrupy, but it will make a great soundtrack song. 4/5

The Dance starts off kind of boring until around the 2:15 mark and then it kind of picks up when the piano kicks in. 3.5/5

Get On The Boat goes back to the latin type of feel. Good latin funk jam.. But the horns are kind of annoying here. 4/5

There's only one track that I'd consider a throw away.. And some will even like "The Word" so it's a great album. Not as great as some his 80's stuff. But it's still worth 4.5 stars. Should be up for album of the year... But with the way music is today, who knows?

Top Tracks:

Fury

Black Sweat

Love

Satisfied

Incense and Candles