• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove is Selfish

phoostal

Let me state J. Smith's game has improved tremendously. He has a very bright future.

However, there are things I don't like and the last shot tonight was a perfect example.

At times he doesn't give the ball up. He seems to be a glory hound. If he hasn't shot in awhile he jacks it up when he gets it. When he gets a rebound he wants to bring it up instead of getting it into the guards hands.

Tonight down by 1 and he pulls up two feet behind the three point line while he has Johnson on one wing open, Williams on the other wing open, and Harrington cutting to the middle. However he wants all the glory.

Hopefully, part of his maturity will to be more of a team ball player than a me ball player. Particularly on the offensive end.

P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you sucking Smoove's C@!@

Smoove has no flaws in his game. He is perfect.

You are the one being bias. There were other guys open. He should have passed the ball. Bottom line. I guess you are blind to the flaws to his game. I should have figured that with the handle you have for a name.

I could give two S#$@# about other guys taking the shot. I would have said the same thing if they pulled up two feet behind the line and there were other guys open.

He just needs to make the extra pass, but that is the problem with this league. It is me first and not enough team.

P

CBA,

I am still waiting for a couple more years before I blow you out of the water. You better be over at BK's house sleeping with him.

All you care about is draft picks and losing. You better hope this team is a championship caliber team in two to three years. Not a team that battles for one of the lower tier playoff spots with a .500 record.

Let me guess you love the Hawks drafting the same type of player each year.

Let me ask you this if we would have won more games last year we could have either a) gotten the #1 pick since Milwaukee had the better record or b) been force to take a PG with our pick because we were picking lower than two.

Both would have been better than the scenario that ended up happening. You just aren't bright enough to see that.

Not saying Williams won't be good, but this team didn't need another 6'9 athlete.

Hey at least we lost more games for fans like you.

With this year's pick we select Gay or Morrison. I bet you would love that and all we need to do next year is lose enough games to get in the top 3, so Phoenix won't get our pick. I think we may be able to draft the 6'7 Corey Brewer out of Fla next year. That should put a smile on your face.

P

The other thing I will say for your post Reject is that I wasn't upset we lost the game. I was making a statement about Smoove's game.

Personally I have given up arguing with people like you on this board about winning or losing. Until the final verdict is on BK's rebuilding job.

However, my statement was more on the fact of Smoove's game not whether we won or loss.

I guess you weren't smart enough to figure that out.

P

I could care less that we loss, like I told Reject it was statement on Smoove's game.

If he would have made that shot, it still would have been a bad shot. He is not the only one that takes them either. He just so happen to be the guy hoisting up the bad shot this time.

However, this is something I noticed about his game through out the year. He needs better shot selection and stop trying to be a one man team at times.

P

Thank you....I agree. Smoove is not selfish. I am glad he took that shot. I am glad to know he has the confidence to take the big shot at the end of the game and not always defer to JJ and Al.

Al Harrington has missed so many shots at the end of games, I can't even count them. He has taken many ill-advised shots at the end of games and I haven't seen anyone call him selfish.

That was actually a good shot, it just didn't fall.

first of all, the game is completely meaningless

face it, this was the best possible way to finish, we make a comeback on the road, we have a last second shot rim out, and we make sure we don't lose any more ground in the draft

if you saw everyone's faces after the shot missed, they all had that "aw shucks" look on their faces, they knew that Josh had a good look and it went in and out, they knew they played hard enough to end the season on a good note, and they knew that the loss means nothing in the long run

had this been a big game, you might have reason to criticize, but how many times does the clock run out because no one thinks they have a good look? he got it up court, making evtra passes at that point adds risk, get a good shot off, and hope for the best

what a ridiculous thing to get pissed about!

Quote:

I mean he dosen't get critized for anything bad he does here on hawksquawk like every other player on hawks.

Why is that??

i think it's because of the progress he's made, it has surprised so many of us that it overcomes the mistakes he makes. Seeing how much he's grown as a player, we all hope that's just part of the growing pain.

Gooden was schooling him when he guarded him, than he left his man (Marshall) for open 3 pointer in crucial time and than he jumped onto Varejo when everybody knows he can't shoot a lick that resulted into 3 point play and he had bunch of careless passes and than he forced the shot without even looking to pass even do he had a bad shooting night.

Yes he is young but he too should be criticized just as much as 19 year old MArv, 22year old Chill , 23year old Salim and 22year old Zaza.