• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove is Selfish

phoostal

Quote:

Listen everyone is missing the point here.

SMITH IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know he is improving he is going to be the best we won more games because of him. Yet, he has his flaws. If you watch the games you will see he passes up the open man sometimes for his own shot. If he hasn't shot the ball in awhile during the course of the game he jacks it up real quick. I know twice last night the Hawks crossed half court one pass to Smith and he jacked a three didn't make either one. Still 18 secs on the shot clock. I feel he needs to improve shot selection and look for the open guy a little bit more.

This is not a knock on him. Everyone seems to be taking this personally. Watch all of the games and dispute what I say. Yes, his assists went up. Yes, he hit big 3's. All this is great. However, he still makes mistakes and that is all I am pointing out. I would like to see him improve on these aspects of his game.

P

umm no buddy, u are pointing out a CHARACTER FLAW

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I know he is improving he is going to be the best we won more games because of him. Yet, he has his flaws. If you watch the games you will see he passes up the open man sometimes for his own shot. If he hasn't shot the ball in awhile during the course of the game he jacks it up real quick. I know twice last night the Hawks crossed half court one pass to Smith and he jacked a three didn't make either one. Still 18 secs on the shot clock. I feel he needs to improve shot selection and look for the open guy a little bit more.

I have to agree. One thing I see is that he will go through spells where the first time he gets the ball in an offensive set, he will shoot a jumper, no matter where he's at, or how much time is left on the shot clock. He is not shooting that high of a percentage, and it takes the rest of the team out of their game.

Also, he's not too hot with his one-on-one defense down low, he won't fight to keep his man out from under the basket. His man will get position down low, receive the pass, and get an easy basket right over the top of Josh, because Josh can't jump through the roof when he already has his arms extended over his head. Don't get me wrong, I love having Josh on the Hawks, but he does need to work on some of this.

• Moderators

IMO, there is a difference between saying someone is selfish and saying they need to refine their shot selection. Saying someone is a selfish player is a significant slam. If the point here is that Josh isn't perfect and needs to continue developing his game then no one will disagree with that. If you are saying that Josh Smith is a selfish player, you should expect some push back.

• Moderators

Quote:

That is a fair comment, AHF. I think he will continue to develop his game. I just hope he corrects the things I mention.

P

You and me both! I am thrilled he has developed a J but he definitely needs to take more shots close to the rim next year, IMO. He should be able to drive and elevate and at least consistently get to the line. I saw a bit of this from him the last couple game.

Marvin should improve most everywhere but I can't wait to see him stop taking those long 2's next year. The mid-range game is great but he needs to extend that shot a bit and take more 3s next season to capitilize on his nice J.