• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves trad eidea

codyatl

Lets move Laroche and either langerhans or johnson and maybe a throw in minor league pitcher to tampa for carl crawford. Gives us a real leadoff guy becasue giles is not that type of guy. Plus, getting rid of laroche is very appealing to me, lol. We have slatallamchia(sp?) coming up to take over at 1st(hopefully) if he can learn the position.

Crawford

Renterria

Chipper

AJ

Mcann

Francouer

Giles

1st

Food for thought. If the team is sold and the new owners want to make a splash next year go out and get Glavine and maddox back here for 1 more run together with smoltz. If you want to sell out games again this is how you do it. Just imagine if you will this rotation-

Hudson

Smoltz

Maddox

Glavine

Davies

WOW! move ramirez to long relief and spot starter and try sosa as the closer. I know this will NEVER happen but as a braves fan it would be a dream come true.

• Moderators

Quote:

First Base is the perfect place to put a nice slow power hitter. i don't kno why we can't seem to get one.

By the way - I haven't been following closely enough here lately - what did LaRoche do to get in the doghouse?

The other night with 2 outs he caught a ball up the first base line and could have walked over and tagged the runner who was still advancing down the line towards him. The runner slowed to nearly a stop so LaRoche decided it would be easier to just step on the bag. He turned his back on the runner and slowly jogged to first base. The runner then ran his butt off and the runner and LaRoche hit the bag at nearly the same time. The ump gave the "tie" to the runner and the Braves ended up giving up 4 unearned runs that inning due to the failure to get an easy third out.

On the year, Adam has an .801 OPS, which is a pretty good number. Over the last month, which is his last 45 at bats, Adam is hitting .289 with a .418 OBP, .467 SLG, and a .885 OPS. He's only hit one home run in his last 45 at bats after hitting 4 in his first 75 at bats.

• Moderators

Quote:

On the year, Adam has an .801 OPS, which is a pretty good number. Over the last month, which is his last 45 at bats, Adam is hitting .289 with a .418 OBP, .467 SLG, and a .885 OPS. He's only hit one home run in his last 45 at bats after hitting 4 in his first 75 at bats.

Bear in mind, though, he is in a platoon so that his ABs are optimized and his deficiencies lessened. His OPS would likely drop if he played full time.