• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Kruger Bashing Is Off-Base

Nurlman

• Premium Member

We have 50 win teams in those yrs you remember. We had only 4 good players on those teams you remember. I also remember. I remember everyone beind down on Lenny when he would play Tyrone Corbin, Craig Ehlo, Recasner, and others instead of the Babcock failed draft picks...

However, Lenny knew how to get the best of his talent. Lenny knew how to take advantage of matchups. Does Lon Know that?

Seeing that you are defending Lon...

What is Lon doing when he puts Hendu, Glover, IRa, Email, and Ham on the court at the same time?

Is he trying to see if the other team can come back if we put all NON shooters on the floor? Well, Phoenix did.

What is Lon doing when he goes away from an offensive scheme that was working?

Is he trying to see if we can confuse the other teams' defense by not scoring for a while?

You say Lon handles people well... Coaching isn't really about making everyone happy. NO. Coaching is about exhibiting Leadership by first putting the right people in at the right times. Lon has created a cycle of allowing us to let every team we play get the advantage in the 3rd qtr. What teaching is going on at the half. What adjustments are Lon making.

Lon is a good college coach, but the NBA has proved over and over again, that there's a huge difference in coaching on the college level and coaching on the pro level. Lon's weakness' on the pro level are huge... Whereas in college it wouldn't mean as much.

It was Lenny that cut Shammond Williams.

It was Lenny that chose Ancient Mark West over Scot Pollard.

While some of the rosters failings were Pete's, especially via the draft, Lenny had a hand in some of the poor talent he chose to surround his team with.

Lenny was the right coach for that 90's roster, and we should never had subjected him to coaching the rebuilding that began after 1999.

As for Lon, he (and EMuss) always said that JT had to play the point, had to, and that playing shooting guard (in 2000-2001) was a way of getting Terry's basketball confidence back, something sorely needed if a man is going to play the point.

What is Lon doing when he puts Hendu, Glover, IRa, Email, and Ham on the court at the same time? Is he trying to see if the other team can come back if we put all NON shooters on the floor? Well, Phoenix did.

--I agree and have already agreed. This is asked and answered.

What is Lon doing when he goes away from an offensive scheme that was working?

Is he trying to see if we can confuse the other teams' defense by not scoring for a while?

--Again, he's trying to go 8-9 deep. This is a necessity in the NBA, unlike in college. Back-to-backs and West Coast swings require you to develop your roster. Otherwise you're out in the first round, like your idol, Lenny.

You say Lon handles people well... Coaching isn't really about making everyone happy.

--Happiness is not the question. Motivation is. If a player busts it in practice and gets minutes as a result, that player works harder. The team improves. You've seen it in the last two years - repeatedly - but you're too busy hating to realize it.

--I'm also talking about a base level respect. Lon doesn't care where a guy is from, or what race, or what socioeconomic situation a guy comes from. He treats people with respect. Generally, he gets it back. Keeps the dysfunction to a minimum. It's also why guys play hard for him. Don't suggest handling people is not part of an NBA coach's job; to do so would be foolish.

Lon is a good college coach, but the NBA has proved over and over again, that there's a huge difference in coaching on the college level and coaching on the pro level. Lon's weakness' on the pro level are huge... Whereas in college it wouldn't mean as much.

--I disagree with your conclusion. There are differences; recruiting and playing your bench are two. He's actually better suited to the pro game in these respects. Lon can coach on a pro level, period. Why don't you shut up and enjoy the ride?

At least Lon has a rotation. Lenny NEVER went past player number 7!!!

The only thing Lenny insisted about JT was his cutting his minutes from 24 in December to 14 in Feb!!! Lenny DESTROYED JT's confidence singlehandedly! JT is a tough person and player, a leader! AND Lenny absolutely crushed him with his over 28, 7 man rotation! Is Bimbo even in the league anymore? His move to start and exclusively play Bimbo at the point was so highly thought of given the team was losing and Bimbo, an over 28 year old FA player, whom Lenny insisted upon playing 34 minutes ahead of JT, that a front office mandate HAD to come down to get JT, DG, and Lo ANY MPG!!!

Whatever Diesel. I only started criticizing Lenny after his 5th year. That's 3 more than Lon has had. I don't think Lon deserves 5 years of not improving and after if not during this year I will make actual judgements based upon facts. You on the other hand cry about the coaching when we play hard or win against tough opponents on the road and deny him any credit when the players, other coaches, and the front office credits the coach for keeping the team together and winning in the second half of last season. Talk about lame.

W

• Premium Member

Pollard was sick the whole time he was here. It was BABCOCk who made the final decisions to cut both of them. He said so on the old board in the Q and A forum.

Shammond didn't play because we already had too many player. Babs won't hide anyone that's injured.

It was Babcock's job to bring in talent...

Not to waste draft picks on guys like Gray, Laturdale, Martin, etc... Name one player from Lenny's era that has gotten a second contract in the NBA.

Also, Babcock made a good acquisition in deke but nothing else.

You can't win without good players. Now Lon has all the talent in the world but nobody wants to hold him accountable for anything.

What gives?

Translation:

Babcock screwed up, Babcock screwed up, Babcock screwed up, Babcock screwed up, let's fire Lon.

Diesel, I'm curious. Do you think about this stuff before you post, or do you just wing it? I'm beginning to wonder if you're retarded. Do you understand what a non sequitur (look it up) this is? How flawed and circuitous your logic always is? Do you just argue to break wind from both ends?

Unspoken, of course, is that you're trying to defend your defense of Len Wilkens, whose performance in Atlanta is indefensible. Big job, but you're failing. Miserably.

Do yourself a favor, Diesel. Give your next stupid, poorly reasoned post a little time to percolate before you post it. Perhaps it'll make some sense.