• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New to the boards...

DavidSomerset

I have a funny feeling we move the pick. I'd say either for more picks or for a season player. New Orleans is said to want to move up for Rudy Gay I'd imagine. I'd have to wait and see, though, who is available at their picks. That might be dangerous though since they might want a player we don't.

If we do stick at 5, would you rather have Bargiani (sp?), Aldridge, Thomas, or that PG out of UConn. I know most or all of those players will be gone by 5 and apparently Billy Knight isn't too impressed with Williams...to be honest, I wouldn't be completely against us taking Foye...him and JJ could make a nice backcourt.

I would love to get my hands on David West if that would be possible.

for

#12 + David West

I would do that no questions asked without even waiting to see who's there. For sure there will be either

-one of the second tier bigs: O'Bryant, Shelden, Splitter?...

-one of the second tier PGs: rondo, diaz, rodriguez, foye/roy if one slips

I don't know that new orleans does it.

West/rondo could be great to come out of this draft with

Rondo/Lue

JJ/Salim

Smith/Marvin

West/

Zaza/

going into free agency with Al as a tradeable asset.

Welcome aboard by the way. As long as we get a PG or a big, I'll be happy. I don't really want Ty Thomas or Shelden.

Guest Walter

if they want to make the deal for 5 then we can expect at least one of O'Bryant or Sene to be available at either 12 or 15. The question comes in at "guard". Likely all of Foye, Roy, and Williams will be gone by 12. The 2nd tier with Brewer, Fernandez, maybe others are a step down in talent I don't want to take.

OK, you're right it is a risk.

W

• Premium Member

You get 100 cool points just for coming out and saying that you are a Hawks fan in these most trying times. It takes a true fan! One day, this place will be full of fairweather Hawks pretenders saying "I used to watch the Hawks when Nique played" and perhaps you'll be here to shake your head at them.

The draft...?

Ususally, I'm all over it and I know exactly who I want us to pick (rather who I hope falls). This year, I'm just not excited. There's a bunch of players that I like that just duplicate talent, and there are a few guys that I like lower that aren't justified with the #5. None of this takes into account that BK is going to do what BK wants to do.

The players that I like are Brandon Roy, Sheldon Williams, Adam Morrison, and Tyrus Thomas. I like Marcus Williams, but I don't like reaching for him at #5.

What I think will happen?

I don't expect a trade, frankly because Knight doesn't seem to work any magic on draft night. Knowing that he could give a sh!t less about positions, I don't expect him to reach on a PG; nor do I expect he'll reach on a big. Maybe if we were in the 8 - 10 range, but not at 5. I personally expect BK to go for BPA/need and if Roy is on the board I'd think that's the way he'd go and I could live with that.

Around here, fans fight with words, argue a point until it

is like beating a dead horse and love the Hawks!!!

Any thing that you say can and will be used against you!!

No matter who is picked, someone will "KNOW" that it was

going to happen that way and some posters will hate the

pick and immediately point out who should have been

taken instead.

You hear all different sides of almost every move made,

some of which you are sure to agree with and some of

which may make you angry.

But always remember, the one reason almost everyone is

here is because we love our Hawks. Like a dog chasing

his tail, we go round and round, never knowing quiet what

we would do if we caught it.

smirk.gif

Quote:

Around here, fans fight with words, argue a point until it

is like beating a dead horse and love the Hawks!!!

Oy vey, is that ever the truth.

We don't just beat the dead horse around here. We beat it to death, resurrect it, then run over the zombie horse with a tractor.