• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Say no to Justin Williams in the 2nd

falc82

I've heard some members raving about his shot-blocking ability, and defensive abilities, and that he could be the next Theo Ratliff. From the limited amount I was able to see Justin Williams I saw a foul prone big man with no offensive abilities to speak of. As far as ball handling skills for a big man..he's a liability and he is also rail thin to be a defensive stopper of sorts. All this added to the fact that he played against poor competition doesn't sit well with me and I hope the Hawks do not select him. A better choice in my mind is Solomon Jones. He is the same height with a large wingspand and could also be a potential defensive stopper in the NBA.

He played nightly against much better competition in the Big East and appeared to be a very good rebounded as well. This seems like a much better pick if the Hawks are looking for a defensive big man with the 2nd round pick. It's a guy that can come out on the court...stay on the court.. and be a defensive stopper as a back up to Zaza. I've seen too many big men with potential to be defensive stoppers who were foul prone, and who could not handle the ball at all...this is just what Justin Williams reminds me of.