• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Pete Babcocks job in danger?

I would prefer to keep my job a few more weeks....so there is no truth to the rumor.

Pete Babcock

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 6:37 PM

To: askthehawksgm@turner.com

Subject: dear babs

There is a rumor going around that you are going to trade

Jason Terry for Speedy Claxton.Would this rumor have any

truth?

Is it just me or does it sound strange to you?

• Premium Member

It's Pete trying to be funny....

BUT.

His Job has been on the line since he made that Guarantee. Pete is in a very uncomfortable position.

1. He has the team he wanted.

-Had to spend money and get permission to trade for Big Dog.

2. He has the coach he wanted.

-Kasten wanted Isiah. The more Isiah wins in Indy, the worse Lon will look as a choice.

3. He has made the guarantee.

-Probably forced to by AOL. The Hawks are up for sale and if they are sold to the right owner, Babcock is out anyway.

Babcock's job will NEVER be in danger. It's always someone else who is at fault for his decisions.

Babcock is the Houdini of NBA General Managers... He escapes blame every time.

The problem is that the ownership is a bunch of absentee MF's who don't give a crap.

After all, this is the same ownership who preferred to keep Houdini Babcock over an interested Jerry West.

Go Figure.

I hope the attendance continues to be below 8,000 a game. This organization doesn't deserve support.

• Premium Member

I think now that AOL has sold its stock in TW, that the sale of the Hawks is not to far.... Anybody got 200 million dollars?

I mean there's lots of room for great ownership possibilities with the Hawks. New Arenas. New faces. A team that can make the playoffs and further with the right guidance.

I suspect that the Hawks are sold and in the offseason, Babcock says his goodbyes.

That's about the same time, you'll get the blockbuster trade of JT/Big Dog for Snow/Iverson. I thought about that deal and it makes a whole lot of sense. Here's why:

with JT looking for more money, dumping him for in a trade like that will save the franchise money while at the same time giving the Hawks a bonafide Superstar... NOt just an allstar.

Theo/SAR/Ira/Iverson/Snow...