• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft

djcorley

Let me first say that it's great to be back. I've been checking in on the board regularly. Just reading, but not posting....

I love this draft. I think it's going to turn out to be one of the deepest and most productive drafts in quite some time. Although Starved of a "true" superstar talent. I think it's filled with players that will be very solid pros and a few players that have a chance to become stars

I believe the Hawks should trade down and look for a combo of Rondo and Shelden. I think both are the best fit for the Hawks with the existing talent on the roster. Shelden is a bruiser/enforcer that will do all of the little things that may not show in the boxscore every night, but, are essential to any winning team. He brings a winning attitude with him from Duke and he won't be asked to score very much at all. Great Fit in a rotation with Smoove and Marvin

Rondo, is an outstanding athlete who's a lock down defender. He would instantly shutdown the dribble penatration for opposing point guards. If he had a better jump shot he'd probably be a lock for the top ten(may get in anyway). If the Hawks have an opportunity to move back and pick up a couple of mid-lottery picks I say go for it especially if it looks these two guys will be there.

If we stay at five I believe Shelden should be the pick. Perfect fit for the Hawks

Shelden and Rondo would be a good draft for us. I think Rondo's shot will improve with time, but we could still get some good mid-game minutes out of him until it does. The athleticism at the point would be a big help.

As far as Shelden - he'll be a great lunchpail PF and may even surprise a few people and have a little "upside".