• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[censored] the win..That is how basketball

• Premium Member

JT looks horrid on the break. On the break, it's like he doesn't know who to pass to or doesn't see them and that thread the needle pass crap he was trying is reserved for Kidd and Payton...

Also, our offense is still in need of organization. Big Dog is not a Point forward. SAR doesn't do well going into the paint looking to pass.

Other than that though. Solid games from Big Dog and Theo. Milwaukee was seriously overmatched tonight. We're in a fight for 8.

"JT looks horrid on the break. On the break, it's like he doesn't know who to pass to or doesn't see them and that thread the needle pass crap he was trying is reserved for Kidd and Payton... "

How much have the critics got into JT's head?I don't

remember seeing him do that this much last year...Have

the critics gone to his head?

I was impressed with our defense in second half.That is

what I am looing for.Dion and Ira were working really

well together.

Lon also wants JT to play a certain way.When Lon

is fired I think Danny A would be a good coach for

JT.The team needs a coach that will adjust to the

players and not force players to fit in his system

when they don;t play that way.

• Premium Member

Lon has always been busy trying to place the square peg into the round hole. It disgusted me to see him do it to DJ and Dion. Dj and Dion both started out as being explosive guys but he wanted them to be outside shooter. Also, Big Dog a Point forward.

He wants the Dallas Mavericks but we don't have

the players.

1)Dirk is a better ball handler than Shareef or Big

Dog

2)We simply don't have the type of players that Lon

wants.

To be honest JT needs to play PG like Sam Cassell

instead of Payton/Kidd and maybe Nash.JT can play

PG in the manner Cassell can play it and that is how

JT should play the position.

This thread the needle stuff comes from Lon....We

don't have guys that can recieve that type of pass

anyway.

BD/Shareef/Hendu/Newble ALL have stone hands.You

can't thread the needle to bad ball handlers.

• Admin

I disagree. JT does fine on the break. Truth be told, the break is where he does his best. That is when his teammates don't blow his passes by missing shots, picking up charges and dropping the pass out of bounds.

You are totally correct about Grob. He should not be called on to create for himself or anyone else. There are rare situations and matchups where you can give him the ball and let him get his own shot. BUt most nights he needs to be found in motion.

Shareef is fine passing out of the post. That is how we should play and that's teh identity that this team should try to develop. We should be based around shareef, he is our best, most consistant player. The problems come when he is doubled and tripled and none of his teammates come over to help him. This happens consistantly and needs to end if they are to find consistant success.

if this team can play this way consistantly, they will win many a ball game. They cut down on the LAZY turnovers and got a win. That shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. Only time will tell if they can do this consistantly and do it against good teams. I'm not going to get excited over one win though.

• Premium Member

I disagree about Terry on the break.

I agree about GRob. He's not a standstill shooter, but he's not a Point forward either. I think Lon really liked Kukoc's game but Grob is better than Kukoc in a different way. Lon is not playing Grob's game.

Same goes for Shareef. Yes, Shareef should be able to pass out. However, i said Shareef is a not a guy you "Run" into the Lane and expect him to pass it out. In other words, Shareef was trying the "Pat Ewing Walking through the lane" cuffing the ball and then he tried to pass out as soon as the defense converged. That won't ever work. Reef game is better if he sets up on the Low Blocks. We pass it in to him, let him work which way he likes (back to the basket or face to the basket) and then have motion going ala San Antonio and Utah. Problem is that we give Reef the ball on the wing, and expect him to dribble, create, and score?? Big Problem.

I wouldn't let Reef put the ball on the floor that far out.

Like Me and ARR has stated, Lon is trying to make these players fit into his system when it's obvious that their game is better elsewhere.