• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Warriors close to acquiring Harrington?

sd79

I have a question about the whole SNT process, and that's how much salary we're required to take back? I've never been clear on that. Does it have to be an amount equal to the annual amount the newly signed Harrington gets, comparable to that, less, more, what?

I always thought we could just basically sell him off for draft picks (or pick). Until this whole thing got going, I was never aware that the team trading the newly signed guy was required to take back salary.

I reported this a few day ago. A radio station in Oakland said this is pretty much a done deal. They said they will announce it on July 12.

Now I am not sure how this legal thing will affect this deal because I understood this deal was in progress when the court ruling came down.

We are under the cap. We are free to operate however we want. We could sign and trade Al for $10 million and receive only a draft pick back and we'd be within the leagues rules. The part that gets sticky is that all teams that are interested in Al are over the cap. When your over the salary cap, there's a whole different set of rules to play by when making trades. MrH would probably be way better at explaining this than I am, but I'll try. When you are over the cap and you make a trade, the salary of the palyer(s) your trading has to be within 125% plus $100,000.00 of the player(s) your receiving for the trade to work. So in other words if we sign and trade Al @ 8 million (which is where most expect his salary to start), the team we send him to (if they are over the cap) will have to trade a player or players that have a salary that is within 125% plus $100,000.00 of 8 million dollars. So to answer your question... No we do not have to take any salary back, but we most likely will have to because all the teams that are looking to aquire Al are over the cap and will have to trade out salary in order to take Al's salary back.

"41% shooting"

Actually only in one year did murphy shoot 41.4% which was 2 years ago...ironically enough he shot 39.9% the same year from the 3 point line making him a rare PF that can hit 3s. His career FG% is 43.1%.

A lot of PFs are slow. Murphy is very tough and could play Center against some teams. And you don't average over 10 boards per game 3/5 years by accident.

His biggest problem is that he's overpaid in the last few years of the contract.

Why take on Murphy? He's a "soft" big man who is not worth his hefty contract. We have one of the best available FA left on the market. They want Al, we should be in the driver's seat. Demand Ellis, Biedrens, O'Bryant and a 1st. We don't need Murphy.

Quote:

"41% shooting"

Actually only in one year did murphy shoot 41.4% which was 2 years ago...ironically enough he shot 39.9% the same year from the 3 point line making him a rare PF that can hit 3s. His career FG% is 43.1%.

A lot of PFs are slow. Murphy is very tough and could play Center against some teams. And you don't average over 10 boards per game 3/5 years by accident.

His biggest problem is that he's overpaid in the last few years of the contract.

Danny Fortson had some 10RPG seasons... What happend to him? It's about more than rebounding. Not saying I'd turn this deal down... I was just bringing this up.

Yeah there are so many rumors I have no idea what to believe unless I see with my own eyes on paper.

There seems to be some truth to this potential GS deal however. They are reporting it on their online papers too. There could be a 3rd team involved. Who knows??

I just want to get good value for Al!!! If we do that we are ready to compete this year. Screw the ownership and potential ownership (Belkin)!! I am tired of reading about these clowns!!

"Danny Fortson had some 10RPG seasons... What happend to him? It's about more than rebounding. Not saying I'd turn this deal down... I was just bringing this up."

He started averaging about 6 pts per game and about 5 RPGs the last 4-5 seasons...that and started going crackhead psycho...

Quote:

"Danny Fortson had some 10RPG seasons... What happend to him? It's about more than rebounding. Not saying I'd turn this deal down... I was just bringing this up."

He started averaging about 6 pts per game and about 5 RPGs the last 4-5 seasons...that and started going crackhead psycho...

He didn't seem to all that wanted even during his best times... Well, he was injury prone... And secondly, he plays no defense like Troy.