• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scouting Cenk Akyol

twentythree

Well, I was very busy last week, I couldn't write about the other games.

Croatia game wasn't as hard as we expected. Turkey won 91-72. Five players scored in double figures and Cenk was the topscorer of the game with Ersan Ilyasova (18 pts.) He did a perfect job on defense, but it is not the same case in the offense. Since it was a blow-out win, he forced too much threes. He got his most points in the second half, team was already winning by 10-15. But the defence, it was really great. He locked up his opponent and played really hard.

Stat sheet

31 mins., 18 pts, 6/13 FG, 4/10 3ptFG, 2/2 FT, 3 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1 to.

After Croatia game, Turkey guaranteed for semi-finals. Last game against Greece was a formality game. Two key starters didn't play for Turkey and Cenk was one of them. Ersan Ilyasova shined like he did during all the tournament, he scoerd 27 points and 7 rebounds. Greece won 80-78.

At semi-finals, Turkey played against Slovenia. Cenk Akyol was the hero of the game, scoring 28 points and red hot from the 3 pt line. As I mentioned zillions of times, Cenk is a good shooter who needs to work on his shot selection. So, this game was a good one. He scored when the team needed. Well done, Cenk

Stat sheet:

26 mins., 28 pts., 10/15 FG, 5/7 3pt FG, 3/4 FT, 3 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 3 to, 3 pf.

Final Game is not a game we want to talk about. Turkish team lost against Serbia & Montenegro. Cenk played hard, but his opponent Milenko Tepic was heroic at the 4th quarter. Team was at a pressure, because the same squad lost 3 more finals in juniors & cadets. This is the 4th time of Cenk losing in Europe Finals. It is a mental thing and coach couldn't find a solution to this. Kids were good, anyway. Free throws were key stats which Turkey shoot just 9/20.

Stat sheet:

39 mins., 13 pts, 3/11 FG, 2/7 FG, 5/8 FT, 4 reb, 3 ast, 4 stl, 3 pf.

Congrats to Serbia also. I liked Tepic and Pekovic. Tepic is great he's a carbon copy of Cenk, and Pekovic is a low-post warrior.

All-Tournament Team

MVP - Ersan Ilyasova (Milwaukee Bucks, Turkey)

Cenk Akyol (Efes Pilsen, Turkey)

Emir Preldzic (KK Geoplin Slovan, Slovenia)

Nikoa Pekovic (Partizan, Serbia & Montenegro)

Luca Vitali (Premiata Montegranaro , Italy)

Well, I found a 6 minute YouTube video from Russia game. I took out must-see highlights about Cenk.

Turkey, White Jerseys.

# 7: Cenk Akyol

# 8: Ersan Ilyasova

00.40 - Cenk scores from NBA range 3.

00.57 - Cenk plays one on one and scores.

01.23 - Cenk steals the ball, dribbles coast to coast, reverses but misses.

02.40 - Ersan Ilyasova blocks, Cenk gets the rebound, dribbles coast to coast and this time makes an assist.

03.15 - Cenk gets the pass, gets the contact and scores.

04.20 - Cenk gets the pass, scores from NBA range 3 when it matters.

05.55 - Bonus Track! Hakan Demirel with a great crossover before an assist.