• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenny Anderson A Hawk Next Year?

Traceman

Check this out. Kenny would like to play for the Hawks when he becomes a FA next year. This may very well be the first time I've heard a soon to be FA from another team say that the Hawks would be his first choice. I'd love to have Kenny if he would come in for the right price. Too bad we can't figure out a way to go ahead and get him in here this year. We could use his veteran savvy backing up JT.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/26872.htm

Atlanta trades: PG Jason Terry (17.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 8.2 apg in 39.1 minutes)

PF Alan Henderson (6.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 22.1 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Desmond Mason (14.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 33.5 minutes)

PG Kenny Anderson (3.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 11.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -5.3 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and -5.2 apg.

Seattle trades: SF Desmond Mason (14.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 33.5 minutes)

PG Kenny Anderson (3.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 11.8 minutes)

Seattle receives: PG Jason Terry (17.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 8.2 apg in 20 games)

PF Alan Henderson (6.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20 games)

Change in team outlook: +5.3 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +5.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Atlanta gets rid of hendu's contract, seattle gets rid of anderson's we get a budding star and seattle brings home a native son to play with payton at shooting guard...

If that deal were offered by Seattle and I were GM, I would be EXTREMELY tempted. I was really impressed with Mason in the game here in Phillips. He is a very talented guy, he plays both ends of the floor and he certainly would bring a lot of highlight reel dunks to Philips. The Hawks would still have 3 big time scoring threats in Reef, Dog and Mason. Kenny is certainly no JT at PG but he is solid plus he would be a good tutor for Dickau. In addition, Kenny has an ending contract and we could get rid of Hendu's contract in the same deal. There is certainly a lot to like there. I'd have to think REALLY hard before I would give up JT but I wouldn't rule this deal out right away as I have many others.

The deal certainly makes sense for Seattle too. JT and GP would be a hard duo to deal with. Rashard Lewis would get a lot of open looks. Hendu would give them some interior toughness and rebounding that they need. Interesting (and fair) proposal!

I would like to see us get a bigman in that deal, since we lose Henderson, and are already thin(litteraly) in the frontcourt with only Ratliff and Mohammed left. What about Terry, Henderson and Crawford for Kenny Anderson, Desmond Mason and Jerome James. If they don't want to give us James we could ask for the Ukrain Train in Vitaly Potapenko. He is just coming back from a torn ACL put Cris Crawford is coming back from the same thing. I see the later one with Potapenko as more probable.