• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Confessions of a Dangerous Mullah

drzachary

All:

I would like to apologize for my tasteless acts earlier as "BasketballMullah." I believe it is important for me to post this, lest anyone on the board blame anyone innocent of it.

My intent was not to start a flamewar, though it should have been obvious to me that it would. The joke was supposed to be another 'royalty' user (i.e. Princess) with inside information that kept a covert profile. It quickly degraded into a mockery of a faith which is as important to many people as my own is to me. Such mockery doesn't have much of a place in modern society -- much less on a message-board that is dedicated to all things Atlanta Hawks. I've always joked that I am notorious for my idiocy .. and today I essentially confirmed it. My words were at a level of discourse below that of this board.

So, while there is no justification for my actions, I hope I have shed a little light on them. In addition, I'd like to offer my apologies to the moderators for causing them undue headaches. We certainly have enough of them as it is! smile.gif

It is my sincere hope that, if nothing else, I've provided a useful public service announcement of the dangers of public stupidity: disparaging religion and politics on a public forum.

kudzu, I know what you go through. I was one for Sooners Illustrated and your right, its not easy and is definately time consuming. You guys here do a great job which is why this site is so enjoyable. Plus living in CT this is my way to stay in the loop.

Well, this has forced me to decide to approve all new user registrations. It adds more attention I have to spend monitoring the site, but its worth it. How that will affect participation I dont know, it will surely cause a delay in a new user posting. I dont agree with what occurred, but I did forgive and thats whats important.