• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT Needs To Step Up And Lead

Traceman

I was EXTREMELY disappointed to read JT's comments regarding leadership on this team because honestly, I think he is the only one who is capable of providing what we need. He wants to defer to the older guys but he is the only one on the team with the right combination of communication skills, personality, playing ability, etc to be an effective leader. That doesn't even take into account the fact that he is the PG of the team and the PG is the most natural position of leadership for a team.

JT said that he is only in his 4th year but the other top PGs taken in his draft class ALL lead their teams. Francis, Davis and Miller have all assumed leadership roles on their respective teams (actually I don't know if Miller has in LA but he was DEFINITELY the team leader when he was in CLeveland). JT HAS to step up and lead or he will never be the PG he can be.

Just a few weeks ago, JT was saying "this is my team" but after his last four performances (none of which have been earth shattering) I wonder if his confidence is so shaken that he can't even comprehend taking on the role as team leader. If that is the case, we are in even worse trouble than I thought. I don't think this team can have success if he does not take on a leadership role.

Here is the link:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/ha...02/19hawks.html

Well maybe Shareef was displaying some leadership qualities the other night when you stated he was chewing out JT's behind. If a player isn't doing what he is suppose to do or capable of doing then if you are the Captain of the team you need to set him straight. I feel that in a few years Dan Dickau can be a leader. Sure he is "green' right now but he is already displaying that he isn't timid and he trys to be vocal on the court from what I have read about him especially during practices.

I just don't think his personality lends itself for him to step up and become the team's vocal leader on a regular basis. He does a great job of leading by example and you won't find a more classy guy, I just don't think its in his nature to take on the role of team leader on the court. I agree with you that Reef needed to chew JT out if indeed JT was not performing up to the standard to which he is capable.

As for Dan, I think he has a lot of leadership qualities but its just way too early to tell. Once he gets healthy and gets out there and proves himself, who knows.

JT's time as a Hawk is running out.He is not going

to accept the responsability that it takes being a

PG and leader.He's the guy you want for a neighboor

or a friend...but he isn't going to reach his capiabilities.