• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Mike Fratello coached the Hawks Now.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think Fratello would define Roles. One thing he was very good at was defining roles for the players. His X's and O's would be very good too. He is the Czar of the telestrator.

I don't know what Mike would do with tempo. He couldn't keep a good tempo with that Cleveland squad. To my Memory, he had Langdon, Anderson, Persons, Big Z(?) and Kemp(?). However, he couldn't keep a good tempo. Those were mostly uptempo guys.

BUT. That would probably be a good thing for us... I could see him doing great things with SAR and Big Dog.

Bottom line is that he would definitely do better than Lon. I wonder though....What about defense? Those Fratello teams worked on the principle that we will outscore you. Nique never really played tough defense and Mike didn't make him. IS Fratello good enough to find all the strengths offensive and make this team work?

What would be great is if Fratello could coach and handle offense and Van Gundy could come in to do defense. And there would be no friction.

Fratello was fired for a reason. He is sorry. The tema had many issues with professionalism when he was coach, i.e. the wilkins/theus conflict. The need to bring in a team psychologist, and don't forget he is also the person who squandered a 3/2 game lead over bird & the celtics back in 88.

Please recommend a coach who didn't peak in the 80's or early 90's, i.e. Daly or Fratello.

I agree but Danny Ainge is my first choice...He has

the right personally and remember when the Suns

started off 0-15 and then came back to be a top 4

team in the west?That was a hellva achievement.

He would probably help JT because he doesn't look

at players as position players....He looks at them

as ball players.

And Ainge said it last night....A coach has to adjust to

his players talents...That is what he said last night.

• Premium Member

That wasn't Mike's fault.

I believe that that was one of the best games ever played... Game 6 in the OMNI. When I say Ever I mean in History. Nique vs. Bird. If there is one person to blame... It's Doc Rivers. BUT...everybody knew that if the series were to go back to Boston, the fix would be on. During that time, winning in Boston was forbidden. The refs, the timekeepers, and the PA person were on the take.

Fratello didn't have crap at Cleveland, yet he continued to put that team into the playoffs. Their slowed down game was a result of their lack of open court players. The Shawn Kemp they had was the ballooning Shawn Kemp who could no longer run the floor.

When Fratello first came to Atlanta, he had a bunch of young bucks. Dominique, Doc, Kevin, Antoine, Cliff, Spud. He mixed in the veteran presence of Randy Whitman and Tree Rollins and had a team that could beat you inside and outside, as well as up and down the floor.

The team we have now could be very similar to those teams.

Mike Fratello was the guy I wanted last year. I think most of you will remember that. That is still the case. We should hire him to be the Hawks head coach.