• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No solutions, just ideas

PoppaFritz

I enjoy the thoughts and ideas that everyone comes up with on this post but I think that people are expecting way to much out of Big Dog, SAR, and even JT. For the most part they have given us what should be expected. Of course it would be nice to have them play flawless basketball, but most of the time they put up very respectible numbers and even occasionally they can dominant stretches of games.

I think it is time to look at other areas of improvement. When you look around the league the top teams not only have guys that put up numbers they also have guys that compliment the "stars". Our role players are very suspect, any team that is forced to give players like Ira, Dion, Nazr, Ham, & E-mail significant minutes isn't going to be successful on a consistent basis.

It might not be possible this year but the Hawks must address their perimeter shooting, especially at the 2 guard. Ira is a sound defender but in this league he can play incredible defense and still give up 25-30 points to the other teams best scorer. The thing is he will never be able to score as much as he gives up. I don't think the Hawks need a superstar to fill this role but someone that can knock down open perimeter jumpers will allow the offense to run smoothly. And allow the main offensive weapons to find easier ways to score.

• Premium Member

I told you all this summer that Ira shouldn't start. It's a waste to put Ty Corbin Jr. on the floor with the team built the way Ours is built. You're right... Now everyone knows what we need.

Jon or Brent Barry, Penny Hardaway, Cutino Mobley, Derrick Anderson, or even Doug Christie....

We need an off gaurd who can also handle the ball and shoot from outside. That's what we need.