• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doc Rivers, Isiah, Nate and Byron Scott

Highpozt

The point being all of the above have winning records this year --- all can relate to todays players --- have respect for todays players --- and all know the xs and os of the game. Now who is the next in line that fits this mold. His name is Kenny Smith --- Kenny fits in with the above mentioned and besides he still seems to have a passion for the game. Kenny was rumored to have some small interest in coaching and I think he could get the job done. There is also Van Gundy, John Thompson and other more old school coaches that might get results, but I vote fo Kenny.

I was saying Kenny Smith or Nate McMillan back when Lenny got fired. After further review, I don't know about Kenny Smith making it as a head coach anymore, but I wish we could've gotten McMillan. JT needs a coach like that in the worst possible way.

Nonetheless, Stotts has quite a background as an assistant coach and deserves a shot. If this team is really as talented as some people here think, he should do just fine.

Byron and Nate were assistants before they were head coaches.

Only Doc, Isaiah, and Larry Bird came in cold and did a good job. There have been others that failed at doing that. Magic Johnson comes to mind.

On the other hand, there is Rick Carlisle and Jim O'Brien. Two guys who have been assitants for a long time. They are very successful.

I think this shows that there is no certain way to go. The only thing that seems to be certain is that you shouldn't hire a college coach that has no pro experience. O'Brien's only pro experience was as an assistant for Pitino (Knicks and Celtics), but he had the experience.

are you sure that Doc came in cold? Bird certainly did and while Isiah coming in cold is technically true, I think his years as GM and such, being involved on a daily basis, 24/7, deserves some sort of asterick