• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kukoc or Robinson??? (A repost from ESPN.com)

Playmaker0017

I have been looking at our play as of late, and I haven't been able to come up with one thing that Big Dog contributes other than a warm body.

His one asset, the jumpshot, does not provide what the team needs. We need someone who can move with and without the ball and can create for other players. Someone who can dribble. Someone who can play defence and bury an open shot. Grab a couple rebounds. Brings some passion.

We don't need an all-star. What we need is a healthy Kukoc. The reason we were so good after the all-star break last year was due simply to a healthy Kukoc.

Big Dog has skill. Of that, there is no doubt. But he does NOT gel with Terry and Shareef. Instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole by forcing the team to meld around Big Dog, we need to take the easy route.

Trade Big Dog and get the missing piece. While this piece is NOT Kukoc, due to the fact that he can't stay healthy, it is out there.

I realize some of you may not agree, but next Hawks game I challenge you to watch Robinson. He is the worst defender in the league; he is an awful dribbler and he rarely passes. Taking 20 shots to score 20 points is not impressive. This team has no creativity. And for all of Kukoc's injury problems, he was very creative and was the best passer on the team. Are you trying to tell me this team is better than last years post all star break roster? On talent maybe. But on productivity, no way. If Theo played all season, the Hawks would have made the playoffs easily. We played .500 ball without him for christ sake. Maybe I am just being frustrated, but Robinson has been a huge disappointment. His deficiencies outweigh his only asset - jumpshot.

IMO, a healthy Kukoc is a better fit for the Hawks. Is he more talented...no. But he brings what the Hawks lack -- a leader on the floor who can make plays for others without taking 20 shots per game. That is all I am saying and if you watch closely, you might see my point of view.

Play.

you're preaching to the choir here. I hope we get raped in a trade that involves our getting rid of Big Dog. I'll take pretty much [censored] with athleticism and hustle in return.

Weaseldom,

So far, doesn't it look like we got raped in getting the Big Dog?

I can honestly say, after tonight's performance (which was the last straw for me), that Toni Kukoc sitting in street clothes on the edge of the bench drinking bottled water would be a better asset to this organization that the ball hog named Glenn Robinson.

Turnovers... an infectous lack of hustle or heart... a dipping shooting percentage... a lack of passing... jeez... I can't even run it down anymore... it is too depressing.

I know people here don't respect Kukoc. But, I ask, when were we a better team: with Kukoc? or with Robinson? If we played that team right now... who would win?

And say all you want about "last year didn't matter because we had nothing to lose"... that is BS. A game is a game. Period. We had a better core unit that cohesively worked together at both ends.

This year we add two former all-stars and we lose.

Play.

I agree with you pretty much 100%. that's what I'm saying - if we get raped in trading him, right now, I say so be it. I just want him gone and I think our effort will ahve to improve. I think the guys say right now - look at this team, we should win.

Last year, when we were less talented, we had to try harder and generally stepped up to the challenge. I thought it was a good trade at the time; hindsight's twenty twenty. for this I don't really blame babcocok...

but it's apparent that it's nto going to work. he's the biggest problem by far in my opinion. cut our losses, get what we can (hopefully some athleticism, another glaring weakenss on this team) and make the guys go out and play.

simple as that