• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which of these young guys would your rather have

Someone stated that Undonis Haslem has already commited to playing on our summer league team.WIth this in mind if Haslem plays well would you rather have him on our team or Leon Smith? I know Leon is signed for next year but he is only making somewhere around 300,000 dollars.So would you eat that contract and make space for Haslem? Smith might have more upside down the road but Halsem increases our depth at the PF spot. He could be a leaner version of Tractor Traylor.

Gray Mule is greedy! If he turns out to be really good, let's keep them

both. I like the idea of a smaller Tractor Trailer. Hawks really need someone

"Giant Size" to come in off the bench and simply clog up the middle for a few

minutes almost every game. We really don't have such a player right now.

Hawks have more "Bodies" than they need. I would like for us to trade quantity

for quality with someone, preferably for Battier, but two or three for one with

someone who needs players.

Leon Smith didn't show anything great last season when the Hawks were making a

run at getting into the playoffs after the horrible first half, but he didn't look terrible

either. With what little playing time he got last season, what he learned from the bench

and how he does this offseason, hopefully he will blossom to his full potential this

pre-season and be ready to play meaningful minutes for the Hawks.

I like the idea of a minor league for the NBA with the major league team or teams

owning the contract of the minor league players. If the minor league player is

not on the major league team roster after a reasonable amount of time, he becomes

a free agent and can sign with any team of his choosing without the parent team

recieving anything in return. This would prevent rich teams from having control

over too many players for an extended period of time. Parent teams wouldn't have

to sign a player to a ten day contract to fill in when an injury occured. They simply

call up a player from "The Farm" and play him until the injured player returns.

NBA development league is a good idea, but I think that, with the above changes,

it could be so much better. Hawks sure could have used this set-up last season.

Injuries body slammed any chances we had last season early, before we could

catch our breath as the season began. We've used up our limit on the IR the last

two seasons, enough to last us a long time. Let's hope we stay healthy now.

Gray Mule

if we can get both, then we would be in good shape..i would drop one of the other nonconsequential players. I am assuming Vaughn will be gone and maybe we should consider trading crawford and some other tool for one decent player also. that would free up a slot.

Graymule I just wanted to comment on your statement about the Developmental league.The "minor" leagues in the NBA doesn't work the same way as in baseball, even though there is a developmental team in Columbus GA they are not our farm team. NBA teams can choose from any team in the NBDL. I might have misunderstood your statement, maybe you were saying you wish it was that way? I would like to see it as the way you listed also.