• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we going to be able to start Marvin and Josh??

DavidSomerset

Quote:

BK said to hell with getting a dominant Center, nobody else has one, why should we waste our time trying to get one.

That's why W-E must get such a center. It's not because such centers alone are necessary (doesn't hurt), but if they are ever necessary it is with a 2-Sf, perimeter starting lineup.

And as far as nobody having one, who just won the NBA championship? Diesel, I believe you are putting forth satire given three weeks ago you highlighted just how many true center prospects will be coming out and going very high in next years draft.

Quote:

He also said "Basketball players win games, not positions"!

Then why in hell did he draft SW over Foye or Roy?

Such a naive statement is made ridiculous to the extent it implies. I've always stated a star may justify 1 player playing out of their ideal position, a superstar 2, but BK's philosophy hasn't been to draft "basketball players" (whatever that means) but rather 6'8", long (except SW), athletic (ditto), versatile (ditto) individuals, even if he has managed to do so despite himself. Playing "basketball players" out of position may very well force them so out of their element they no longer resemble "basketball players".

P.S. Bush is a very funny little man who when given power is absolutely scary beyond belief. I can't wait until he is harmless again.

W

Quote:

don't you guys have some mosques to bomb?

...ignorant, hateful, inflammatory response to brief political commentary I've ever heard. Implying that disliking the president makes you a terrorist is beyond inflammatory. d*ck "buck shot glass" Chaney doesn't even (quite) go there. I think even many republicans conceed Bush isn't a bright bulb (less intelligent than say 1/3 to 1/2 the posters here given his 1170 SAT despite the best education money can buy) or someone they particularly trust to do right or be competent. Bush's intellect simply does not instill confidence in anyone. His character is questionable on so many fronts I can't list them all here (but I can refer you to one who can best). After saying this, what fabricated, treasonist, fascist over the top insult will you come up with?

Gsuteke, why don't you go invade a sovereign nation, cost the lives of 2500 soldiers and the limbs of 10000 to date, destabilize an entire world region, undermine world support for the U.S. and cost us any and all moral authority through acts of murder and torture, and empower a more threatening "axis of evil" in Iran while proving your inability to adequately respond to any threat on conjured and doctored false pretenses proven wrong for war profiteering and oil profits? Or at least go [censored] yourself.

W

In this day and age a "terrorist" that is more taboo than "treason" or "communist". It takes someone particularly ignorant and desperate to seek that route of argumentation.

W

Gsuteke thinks if you hate the president than you shouldn't have Hawks season tickets.

Quote:

Thanks very much

too late, but i do have season tix.

Quote:

really? i thought by that comment you made... let me quote you.... "George Bush should be assasinated" you lived in some tent somewhere in the East African desert. you commuting to Atlanta?

Quote:

i'm glad to see i got your attention Walter. you would be wise to keep the non-basketball related stuff out of this forum in the future.

Call me a satan worshiper, a communist, what is worse than a terrorist these days?

Diesel posted the original comparison (no terrorist comparison much less a tsk, tsk from you) and I respond with two sentences about Bush's lack of intelligence (factually supported I might add) and how that scares me. You call me a terrorist. Who would be wise to do what here? I don't make many political comments here and I definately don't start them but when I do make them I don't expect to be compared to a terrorist. Whoever sinks that low may go [censored] themselves and call it "torture-lite".

W