• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wonderfully Beautiful Numbers, Except One

unknownjdb

Since I couldn't find Pre-Season Averages for our players anywhere I went ahead and figured them out.

Joe is PHENOMENAL! He is averaging 22.2 PPG in 30.2 MPG at 52% (45-86) from the field, 50% (17-34) from behind the arch. He's also shooting 81% (26-32) from the stripe. The rest of his numbers go like this: 4.3 APG, 3.7 RBG, 1.2 SPG. The exception is 3.5 TOs PG.

Smoove is about where he was in December of last year. He's averaging 12.3 PPG in 34.5 MPG at 44% (27-62), 42% (11-26) from behind the arch. He's shooting 90% (9-10) from the line. The rest: 6.3 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.3 BPG, 1.2 SPG. Again, the exception is 3.8 TOs.

Marvin (arg, the hand) was also doing very well, averaging 11.9 PPG in 35.2 MPG at 44% (27-62), 50% (2-4) three --crazy how he and Smoove shot the same number of shots, but Marvin also had an extra game. He was also shooting 75% (27-36) from the line. The rest of the numbers: 5.8 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, .7 BPG. Exception: 2.4 TOs.

I didn't do Chillz because, honestly, nothing was standing out about his numbers.

Sheldon on the other hand... He's averaging 8.4 PPG in 22.3 MPG at 43% (20-47, 0-1 from the arch). He's shooting 83% (19-23) from the line, 83%! The rest: 6.3 RPG, 1.0 BPG, .9 APG, .3 SPG. The exception to the exception, only 1.4 TOs PG.

Now, to explain the exceptions. These numbers are WITHOUT Speedy. No knock on Lue, but he's never really been known as a true blue distributor. Again I'll say, I cannot wait to see how we play with Speedy in the lineup.

And, since I'm at it, I believe Sheldon SHOULD start. He gives us the extra inside presence to go along with Smoove in covering up Zaza's defensive deficiencies. I hate to say it, because I was looking forward to Marvin starting, but I think Sheldon may have the starting role locked by the time he recovers. Marvin may be coming off the bench for another year (possibly longer if Smoove AND Sheldon blow-up).

Quote:

Since I couldn't find Pre-Season Averages for our players anywhere I went ahead and figured them out.

NBA.com has preseason averages for all players.

And, if I may, Joe Johnson doesn't need any hyperbole he is downright dangerous - but he was playing 30mpg in the preseason. Doesn't that seem a little excessive for a starter? Especially an established starter who just got back from the Worlds?