• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm not giving up on Speedy, but...

DavidSomerset

Can't see it happening unless we really win some games this year, and even then it would be highly unlikely.

By the way Speedy is nowhere near as bad as he has looked. I mean he has a broke shot and all, but he is shooting 4-22 so far (THAT'S .182!!). Anyhow, his #1 asset is his speed and he's not up to game speed yet. We'll see how he really meshes with this group in a couple of weeks.

From what I've seen he can't dribble very well. He isn't very creative with his passes or his set-ups. He can't finish at the rack. All I've seen him do is miss a shot, turn it over or take a few dribbles and kick it out. I know he's not "up to game speed" but he isn't very, well Speedy.

T-lue is more Dynamic. Crazy. I'll keep saying it. Aesthetically speaking, he looks like a poor man's Jacque Vaughn!

well he isn't a creative guy with his passes, and he does have a bad shot even though it's not THIS bad.

I think what you'll see over the next weeks is that at full health he has a great dribble and can finish at the rack. That really will have to be the focus of his game for us to be successful.

I don't see Speedy and Chauncy as incompatible. Speedy has been a top backup most of his career; if we got Chauncy here then Speedy would just go back to being one of the best 6th men in the NBA.

With that said, here's an incredibly unrealistic, totally homerific, but not altogether impossible fantasy...one that would make the Hawks into legitimate title contenders within one season (and it would only take adding two players):

PG: Chauncy Billups / Speedy Claxton

SG: Joe Johnson / Cedric Bozeman

SF: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

PF: Josh Smith / Shelden Williams

CR: Greg Oden / Zaza Pachulia

The thing is, if we somehow landed Oden in the draft, I don't think it would be impossible to land a top FA like Billups. (OK, fine, the chances are about zero, but when you're a Hawks fan you've got to dream big every now and then or you'll go crazy).