• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From a Seattle board

MrAloha

Posted by Downtown at 11/11/06 2:52 p.m.

Gotta go to work tonight so I won't be catching the game. But I watched the Hawks and Raptors last night so here's my quick review on them.

First off, Joe Johnson couldn't be stopped last night, both inside and out. He can match Ray Allen for points.

Josh Smith is another tough defensive assignment for Seattle. Can Allen and Lewis handle Johnson and Smith?

Josh Childress looks way more confident and comfortable this year. He gets decent minutes and really drove to the hoop against Toronto.

Zaza Pachulia doesn't standout, but he battles and fights for everything in the paint.

Shelden Williams impressed me last night. Like a PJ Brown, he doesn't get great stats, but he kept the Raptors off balance all night with the way he puts pressure on opponents on both ends of the floor. He doesn't look very imposing, but he never stops fighting for rebounds and got alot of tips on rebounds to keep the ball alive and made it hard for the Raptors to get clean rebounds. He gave Chris Bosh a good battle. He's not a lumbering player for his size, that's for sure. He's quick off his feet when he goes up.

Pointguard and depth still is a problem for Atlanta. Tyrone Lue is decent at best, and I don't even recall seeing Speedy Claxton.

Both teams are on back to back games, but the Hawks slept in their own beds and Seattle is playing their fourth game in five nights. That's tough, although the Sonics should have some motivation after finishing strong last night.

Regardless of what transpired yesterday I look for Earl Watson to play a strong game. He's a little rested and a little pi**ed off.

But tired legs could hurt Seattle and they might settle for a jumpshot contest. If their percentages are off the Hawks take it. Actually I see Atlanta taking this one regardless I'm afraid.

Atlanta Hawks the best team so far in the NBA? What's this league coming to?