• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Analysis of 3rd quarter

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I don't get to watch the Hawks' games and my radio is fading in and out, so I "watched" the game on espn.com & nba.com. Two things stood out to me, the run during the 2nd quarter to close up the Mavs' 16 pt. lead, and the Mavs' 12-2 run early in the 3rd quarter (at which pt. the game was already over).

1. Dickau played well in the 2nd quarter, and JT shot well...Dickau had 6 assists, and JT had 19 pts.

2. JT started off the 3rd poorly, but it was (strangely) Dickau who was taken out of the game. Leading 60-58, the Hawks proceeded to do the following: miss, miss, miss, miss, technical, turnover, miss, timeout, made jumper (SAR, from Dickau), foul, miss, miss, foul, free throws, miss...

Why does this team ALWAYS come out so cold in the 3rd? Maybe they should run sprints or something...

• Premium Member

To some extent, the big deficit helped the Hawks, but it's not like they have been doing that on a regular basis or anything...I think that they have given up several times this season when down by that many points. The Mavs are infamous for letting teams back in games, but 19 pts. and 6 assists in a quarter are great by anybody's standards...

They played well because they did what comes naturally to them and weren't trying to force anything.

Being up by 16 points didn't make the Mavericks slack off. They wouldn't have the best record in the NBA if they slacked off just because they have a big lead. You are slating them as much as you slate the Hawks by saying the Hawks only scored because they were down by 16.

Jason Terry has proven over the last 2 and a half years that he can score on ANYONE!! But that's his game. Scoring. When he is allowed to play freely without the ball and without the responsibility of running the show, he can flat out score. He put up 40 on Kobe Bryant last year. He's scored on McGrady. I don't care how big the guy guarding him is, Jason Terry can score on them and has proven it time and time again.

Jason Terry has proven over the last 2 and a half years that he can score on ANYONE!"

A bad team that doesn't win games.

He didn't do [censored] til the team got far behind.That is

why bums like Reef and JT are called good players

and leave fans wondering...Why don't these guys

win?These players have ruined this franchise.They

suck and they are losers.