Shirley YOU JUST....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was thinking about the reasons... Why we put CC on the IL and why we picked up Paul Shirley.

It's interesting. Babcock has never hidden players on the IL, however, this time it seems like he has.

However, I have the reason why we picked up Shirley.

1. Shirley's new Nickname should be.... YAO Stopper. That's why we picked him up. We need a big body to matchup against Yao. We give Shirley a 10 day contract and let him work against the big fella. However, is Shirley better than Chistofferson?

The other reason is worth thinking about...

we are about to trade one of our C.

That's worth discussion. I mean, even if Theo doesn't match up well against Yao... You don't beat that kind of Size with getting a 7'0 er. You do it with Speed. It would seem that if we went Small against Houston (Hendu, Reef, Etc... Then we would stand a better chance than if we try to match their size.

So if a trade is in the works... Who's getting traded.

1. Could be Hendu:

The Hendu/JT for Eddie Jones trade makes sense for us and Miami. Miami has to get out of Jones and Grant's contracts.. However, I think Pat will keep Jones as SNT material. Plus, Jones is their best player.

2. It Could be Nazr:

There's talk of Nazr going to portland. I think Stotts allowed Nazr off the bench maybe as a showcase. Stotts really hasn't used Nazr much. Going to Portland, I would want Anderson back. However, a deal might be in the works to get us McInnis back. He's sorta a 1/2 tweener?

3. It could be Reef:

Very doubtful. But there are some teams interested in Reef. Houston could be one as they seach for a PF that can solidify their frontcourt. A Reef for Griff/Cato/Taylor trade works however, then we'd probably want to do something with Big Dog. It kind of throws our team into a defensive mentality.

4. It could be Theo....

I think this is more likely than SAR or Hendu. Theo is a defensive player who would anchor a good defensive team. However, on a team like ours, he becomes a fustrated Foul Magnet. What we would need for Theo is a Point Forward or a big OG... I have mentioned Phoenix. However, with a little more thought... I also came up with Miami. IN a trade that includes both Theo and JT... We could possibly get Jones/Best/Stepania and a draft pick. Would this make us better?

Stepania/SAR/GRob/Jones/Best?? I'm not sure but we look good on paper.

2. It Could be Nazr:

There's talk of Nazr going to portland. I think Stotts allowed Nazr off the bench maybe as a showcase. Stotts really hasn't used Nazr much. Going to Portland, I would want Anderson back. However, a deal might be in the works to get us McInnis back. He's sorta a 1/2 tweener?

I think that I mentioned it in a trade proposal a while back, but if you've heard it anywhere else that would be interesting...

The only area (and I mean the only area) where the blazers have to look at the future is center... sabonis is 38 and plays 25 minutes a game and might not be back next year anyway... davis is about 34 or so and is a converted PF...I think that Nazr's game is more suited to the west coast anyway so it could be a good move...

Would portland trade anderson for Nazr? it is possible but I doubt it... they like anderson as much here for his leadership and selflessness as much as his game and as I've stated a number of times I don't think that they would trade him unless he was part of a trade to bring a real star without character issues...

Cheeks likes mcinnis, but daniels has played really well the last few weeks while he has been showcased for a trade, so I could see them giving him up...

C Nazr Mohammed (3.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.1 apg in 10.9 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PG Jeff McInnis (4.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)

PG Charles Smith (4.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)

PG Chris Dudley (4.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +1.0 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Portland trades: PG Jeff McInnis (4.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)

PG Charles Smith (4.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)

PG Chris Dudley (4.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.3 minutes)

Portland receives: C Nazr Mohammed (3.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11 games)

Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED