• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pan's Labyrinth...anyone seen it?

TroyMcClure

It's in Spanish. If you have no problems with that, you'll forget you are listening to it after a few minutes. It's a very neat little story. The guy who plays the Captain gives one of the most sadistic performances I've ever seen. The story goes like this:

Set in 1940's fascist Spain.(nazi-like)

It's a bit of an Alice in Wonderland kind of thing. There are two stories going on at once. The one happening with the young heroine, and the one happening to the town. I don't want to give too much away. It's in quite a few theaters after the Oscar victory.(best makeup)

Quote:

It's in Spanish. If you have no problems with that, you'll forget you are listening to it after a few minutes. It's a very neat little story. The guy who plays the Captain gives one of the most sadistic performances I've ever seen. The story goes like this:

Set in 1940's fascist Spain.(nazi-like)

It's a bit of an Alice in Wonderland kind of thing. There are two stories going on at once. The one happening with the young heroine, and the one happening to the town. I don't want to give too much away. It's in quite a few theaters after the Oscar victory.(best makeup)

I've seen some of the stills and it looks TERRIFYING!

I'll see it I'm sure. I love creepy things like that. If you enjoyed it, check out Jan Svankmayer's "Alice."

The real life terror is in many ways more terrifying than the underworld that Ophelia visits. It's a cool movie. Almost student film-ish. There are some plot device issues if you want to nit pick, and I'm the worst, but the movie is very entertaining.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Just wanted to bring this back up since I saw it a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Definitely worth watching. Troy gave a good description and I am a stickler about spoilers so I am not going to say anything more! wink.gif

Saw this a few weeks ago. From the previews and pictures I saw, I was expecting a whimsical fantasy tale. Instead, I was totally surprised to see how *SPOILER* violent and bloody this movie was, especially the scene where the spy lady was cutting the dude up like he was butter. I even grabbed my cheek reactively when she sliced it open *END SPOILER*. Even so, I thought the movie was superb, despite the somewhat misleading advertising.

• Moderators

Quote:

Saw this a few weeks ago. From the previews and pictures I saw, I was expecting a whimsical fantasy tale. Instead, I was totally surprised to see how *SPOILER*
violent and bloody this movie was, especially the scene where the spy lady was cutting the dude up like he was butter. I even grabbed my cheek reactively when she sliced it open
*END SPOILER*. Even so, I thought the movie was superb, despite the somewhat misleading advertising.

*SPOILER*Even more brutal was the scene where the captain beat the rebel's nose in, IMO. No question there were some very harsh and bloody moments. I do remember reading that from the review, though, - that this wasn't intended for children at all.

Bottomline don't let children watch this.*END SPOILER*