• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Extreme Makeover Hawks Edition

Diesel

• Premium Member

So here it is... My thoughts for a new franchise:

1. JJ for ODen... Unlike the tankers, I realize that we will not win the lottery. So my answer is to trade JJ to the team who gains the #1 position. Most every team in the lottery chase has some Junk that they would love to get rid of...

I would take that Junk weather it be Cardinal and Stoudamire or weather it be Theo.. or weather it be Ollie and whoever else Philly can pull out. But this is a real shot at getting ODen.

I also realize that Oden isn't a game changer yet, but I would wait on him.

2. Logjam at SF to deal with:

Marvin for Alston/1st (2007)

#3. Chillz/Lue/1st (Indy) to LAC for Maggette

My First rounder would be:

(Houston) = Morris Almond (SG) Rice.

The new team, built for whatever:

Alston/Maggette/Smoove/Solomon/Oden.

BUs: Speedy/AJ/Almond/Shelden/Batista/Zaza/Salim

Our play will be feeding the post and slashing.

Our intent is to defend defend defend.

There's a good defender at every position.

Smoove and Maggette will play the bulk of their minutes, but there will be a PF, C, and PG rotation.

My new head coach is either Aldelman, Gentry, or Porter.. in that order.

Quote:

So here it is... My thoughts for a new franchise:

1. JJ for ODen... Unlike the tankers, I realize that we will not win the lottery. So my answer is to trade JJ to the team who gains the #1 position. Most every team in the lottery chase has some Junk that they would love to get rid of...

I would take that Junk weather it be Cardinal and Stoudamire or weather it be Theo.. or weather it be Ollie and whoever else Philly can pull out. But this is a real shot at getting ODen.

I also realize that Oden isn't a game changer yet, but I would wait on him.

2. Logjam at SF to deal with:

Marvin for Alston/1st (2007)

#3. Chillz/Lue/1st (Indy) to LAC for Maggette

My First rounder would be:

(Houston) = Morris Almond (SG) Rice.

Our play will be feeding the post and slashing.

Our intent is to defend defend defend.

There's a good defender at every position.

Smoove and Maggette will play the bulk of their minutes, but there will be a PF, C, and PG rotation.

My new head coach is either Aldelman, Gentry, or Porter.. in that order.

At it a little early huh? weeds.gif

Quote:

So now you would start a 2nd rounder over Shelden, yet you insist he was the right pick? What if we had drafted Roy or Foye, how much better would that lineup look then?

• Premium Member

Actually, I would play either.

I just like the look at that big, LONG, front line of Swatters with Oden, Jones, and Smoove!

However, Oden, Shelden, and Smoove works equally well for me...

Quote:

Actually, I would play either.

I just like the look at that big, LONG, front line of Swatters with Oden, Jones, and Smoove!

However, Oden, Shelden, and Smoove works equally well for me...

Funny you didn't address this.

Quote:

What if we had drafted Roy or Foye, how much better would that lineup look then?

• Premium Member

Had we drafted Roy or Foye... (and I'm not sold on Foye)..

We would still be deficient.

I still say that Smoove is not a 4. We can play him there, but in the classical sense, we're just spinning our wheels. Notice, Smoove didn't change what he does to play the 4. We change what the 4 is supposed to do to accomodate Smoove. Watch our other PFs... Notice, they are always HIGH POST (away from good rebounding position and good FG% range)... Even if we were a full fledged running team, having our 4 play high post (in the absence of Karl Malone) is not a good idea.

I think that eventually, our need for higher FG%s will dictate that either we play Smoove at the 3 or we try to move Smoove to the low post.

Marvin plays the 3 like Tim Thomas and not like Mashburn. Marvin has no dribble penetration to his game. But he is a good set shooting 3.

The problem is that with our 3 in the midrange, our 2 on the perimeter, and our 4 playing High post, and a Center who does not post up, we are a perimeter team who shoots very poorly from the perimeter.

I like the idea of running because Running hides most of those flaws... Still, the flaws are there.

Now, Roy would have given us another scorer on the floor...

But in the absence of a dribble penetrating scorer or a low post offensive player... Roy doesn't help our cause much...

The point is this.

Get rid of Woody.

Get another coach in here. A coach who knows how to coach positions and run offensive scheme..

THEN

Let's talk about Shelden and Roy and Foye.

But as long as we run this Middle School handoff offense with no post game, there's no need to compare.

Assuming Oden and Durant come out, I'd move JJ for either pick. If we got Oden then I'd draft a point with the Indy pick. We'd still probably miss the playoffs if we didnt sign a vet SG but we'd have capspace and tons of potential.

If we got Durant, we'd need a center and could use Marvin or our capspace to get one.

The teams getting picks for Durant and Oden will get some incredible offers, JJ probably wouldnt be enough to get it done.

Quote:

Extreme Makeover Hawks Edition

Well since we're giving them an extreme makeover, maybe we could have the fellas from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy in to give them a queer makeover as well? cast.jpg

Hey, we need all the help we can get....so at this point it probably couldn't hurt, right?