• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amid all the tank talk...

ATL_BALLER

...and as much as I'd like a better shot at Oden, it's really nice to see the kids get excited by a W. It's those kind of moments that make it all worthwhile.

Admittedly, I found myself (almost) rooting for Memphis to take it, not just for the tank, but to further cement Woody's fate. However, seeing Smoove and Chill bump mid-court, in sheer exuberance and relief, reminded me how it important it is to establish a winning culture as soon as possible. Little confidence builders like this, especially with Joe out, really do make a difference.

Now, if we can only finish strong AND win the lottery! tempted.gif

Quote:

...gregg oden is overrated, i dont care how injured he is, he was only averaging 15 WITH both hands anyway

Well I guess we'll see about that next year...or maybe in the NCAA tourney. But yeah, I agree that it was good to beat the Wizards who were dissing us and trying to make poster dunks on us. And we needed to beat the worst team in the league at home - even if it was just by one point.

Nice to see Shelden hit that clutch corner jumper to give us a chance and to see JS finish the deal. The fans who showed at Phillips deserved a decent show and they got one. That finish will bring some casual fans back.

...and the lack of having to cater to JJ's ppg average allows some of our other guys to actually try some stuff on offense. Seriously, I saw Josh Smith execute a "drop step" post move tonight - I almost blew beer out my nose. tongue.gif

If you've noticed recently Washington has been losing alot to everyone.The Hawks caught them at the right time plus 2 wins over mighty Memphis and minnesota does that mean the Hawks challenge the better teams in the league? I highly doubt it.Its just another tease in my opinion enough to ruin our lottery chances and miss the playoffs.

Quote:

Oden is ridiculously overrated. Roy Hibbert > Oden. Don't bet against the next big time Georgetown big.

Solomon Jones + 20 pounds >>>>>> taking for Oden.

I see rediculous quotes here daily, but DAMN.

I'm gonna find this quote in about a year or 2 and own you with it.

Quote:

Roy Hibbert > Oden. Don't bet against the next big time Georgetown big.

I just looked up the stats and Hibbert is averaging 12.7 and 6.3. 6.3 REBOUNDS for a 7'2 guy! That's HORRIBLE.

He's also shooting 69% from the field, which tells me that since he's only averaging 12.7 ppg, most of his shots are off of assists or nice passes, he can't create on his own.

Quote:

Quote:

Roy Hibbert > Oden. Don't bet against the next big time Georgetown big.

I just looked up the stats and Hibbert is averaging 12.7 and 6.3. 6.3 REBOUNDS for a 7'2 guy! That's HORRIBLE.

He's also shooting 69% from the field, which tells me that since he's only averaging 12.7 ppg, most of his shots are off of assists or nice passes, he can't create on his own.

We'll see how ridiculous it is.

Go ahead and bet against the Georgetown pedigree all you want but this guy may be the next big thing. Hibbert is still raw without a doubt but his upside is tremendous and he's got about 4 of the greatest centers this game has ever seen defensively that he could lean on for tutelage.

Quote:

Hibbert is still raw without a doubt but his upside is tremendous and he's got about 4 of the greatest centers this game has ever seen defensively that he could lean on for tutelage.

What does playing for Georgetown have to do with Hibbert becoming a good player??

Michael Jordan and Vince Carter came out of UNC, does that mean Marvin will be that good?

I don't think so.

Quote:

Quote:

Hibbert is still raw without a doubt but his upside is tremendous and he's got about 4 of the greatest centers this game has ever seen defensively that he could lean on for tutelage.

What does playing for Georgetown have to do with Hibbert becoming a good player??

Michael Jordan and Vince Carter came out of UNC, does that mean Marvin will be that good?

I don't think so.

Does Marvin have any great UNC guys mentoring him?

Hibbert is a 7'3 270 guy with tremendous upside. Oden could be a better pro than him but I don't think it will be by much. He's just got more hype because he's a freshman phenom.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think so.

Hibbert is a 7'3 270 guy with tremendous upside. Oden could be a better pro than him but I don't think it will be by much. He's just got more hype because he's a freshman phenom.

Oden is only a freshman and is averaging like 16 and 10, with 3-4 blocks, despite playing with ONE HAND.

Hibbert is junior/senior (not sure which), is 7'2, and is averaging 12 and 6, all those guys you are referring to at G-Town DOMINATED in college, something Hibbert isn't/hasn't done. 6 rebounds in 26 mpg??? In the NBA he'll average like 4 rpg in 26 mpg. He's Eddy Curry with no offense.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think so.

Oden is only a freshman and is averaging like 16 and 10, with 3-4 blocks, despite playing with ONE HAND.

Hibbert is junior/senior (not sure which), is 7'2, and is averaging 12 and 6, all those guys you are referring to at G-Town DOMINATED in college, something Hibbert isn't/hasn't done. 6 rebounds in 26 mpg??? In the NBA he'll average like 4 rpg in 26 mpg. He's Eddy Curry with no offense.

Hibbert just wasn't a phenom early in his career. He's still come A LONG way. They said when he first got to UConn he couldn't do a single push up. That is amazing. He seems to have a very good work ethic so if he works harder to improve even more, he could be a very solid player. At his size, he's got tremendous upside. It's not like he's a stiff, he is just still raw.

This guy is definitely got a better attitude that Curry and will be a much better defender. Potentially a 17/10/2 guy at the next level. We could use that.

Quote:

Quote:

Hibbert just wasn't a phenom early in his career. He's still come A LONG way. They said when he first got to UConn he couldn't do a single push up. That is amazing. He seems to have a very good work ethic so if he works harder to improve even more, he could be a very solid player. At his size, he's got tremendous upside. It's not like he's a stiff, he is just still raw.

This guy is definitely got a better attitude that Curry and will be a much better defender. Potentially a 17/10/2 guy at the next level. We could use that.

Are you talking about Thabeet? Hibbert plays at Georgetown.

Anyway about Hibbert, potentially a 17/10/2 guy?? How can you expect that when he's only putting up 12/6/2 in COLLEGE?? He's at LEAST 3-4 years away, if not further. Size does not equal rebounds, it also requires a lot of instinct. Hibbert is averaging SIX REBOUNDS per game, he's 7'2! In the NBA, he'll average like 4! I'm not saying he'll NEVER be a good player, but 17/10/2 is very far fetched, and if that ever DOES happen, it'll probably be 5 years down the road, I don't want to wait that long.