• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amish Boy - ArmChair GM. We lack starters.

AmishBoy

A team is made of a Coach, Starters, Role Players, Bench Players, and Others.

The Hawks have some of the components but not all of them.

Starters:Beside JJ and Smith I don't think we have any.

Role Players: Shelden, Este.

Bench: Josh Childress, Tyronn Lue, ZaZa Pachulia

Others: The rest of the team.

Coach: Mike Woodson

Starters. For a team to compete is needs 5 starters. I say a starter is a player that contributes without being a major liability, or a player who is so good at one thing his deficiences in other things are worth looking over(see Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen). Currently the Hawks have 2 starters.

Role player. A player that is in the game for a defined reason and does it well. Shelden and Este seem to have potential for it and to some degree Salim. I don't include Salim because he needs nearly starters minutes to be productive when a role player needs to come in and pay immediate dividends.

Bench Player. I define a bench player as a player that contributes when in the game with limited minutes. Again I don't include Salim or even Shelden because it seems they needs starter minutes to be effective.

Combing role players and bench player we actually have a pretty deep bench. It's the starters that are the problem on this team. It's been fairly clear that the Hawks have need a 1 and 5 for a # of years.

This draft is the draft to get another starter. A star would be nice, but a starter is most important. Be it a 1 or a 5. I would like to have Oden but I also think Conley is starter quality. I would love to have him. If we can walk away with two players even better.

We don't need Anderson, or Cink or even Brewer. Even if we get Durant. That's fine. We need starters. That should be our mission for this offseason.

Agreed for the most part AB...problem is that our "mission" is beyond our control and up to the bounces of ping pong balls (for our pick)...or the talent evaluation/desires of other teams in front of us as far as the Indy pick goes.

We have to be smart and adaptable...that scares me wth our current crew of leaders.

You make a good point. Our management does need to be smart and that can start with tanking. I know there are many who are against us losing because of the odds and such but it's worth the risk. We can't keep drafting bench players in hopes of them blossoming and become legit players. We've been officially eliminated from playoff contention with the loss to Milwaukee Friday so there is no reason to win. I'll admit having something to build off of ending the season seems to work. It worked for Orlando early this year but eventually you come back down to earth just like Orlando. You have to be good to win in this league and JJ Redick won't get you over the top. We need starters people.

Orlando "came back down to earth" because they had a lot of injuries on their team.

And look at them, they are still in the playoff race and could very well make some noise with as talented as they are.

I have to watch Magic games because I go to school in Gainesvill and let me tell you that is a talented team.

They hurt themselves because of turnovers but they have some talent.

Don't be surprised if they upset the Pistons.

Quote:

...I know there are many who are against us losing because of the odds and such but it's worth the risk. ...

Anybody who wants us to win now is beyond foolish. We will win or we won't...that's up to the players that are playing...and they are expected to play hard (except on D cause they seldom do that anyway).

munching_out.gif

Everybody had injuries this year. Miami is injured right now. The cream rises to the top. That's just how it it.

I will be very surprised if Oralando beats Detroit. That is if they make the playoffs. Indiana is breathing down their necks.