• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Theo Theo Theo..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Depending on who you talk to there are as many as six teams vying for Theo Ratliff

(Orlando, Philly, Toronto, New York, Portland, Memphis and Miami) there are a few teams you can scratch off immediately starting with Miami and Memphis is a stretch at best; but Orlando, and Philly are still talking according to league sources. The Magic are interested and not opposed to Theo’s history or his contract – the Magic say differently, but a Hawks source and a league source say the same thing. John Gabriel is calling. Philly apparently got close enough to a deal to involve agents, but apparently there was reluctance on Philly’s part to bring in Theo and his remaining two years unless they unloaded Keith Van Horn in the process, or so says Peter Vecsey.

The Hawks have told media that they are not shopping their talent. They don’t have to; most of the league is calling them. On very good authority as many as three hawks players are earmarked for a new zip code at the deadline, and Theo is one of them, the other two would be Jason Terry as the club does not feel they can keep him financially, although they have the option to match whatever he gets offered this summer. The remaining name mentioned, is the only one I see as a sever long shot and that is Shareef Abdur-Rahim. The only way Atlanta moves him is if the get an ending deal and some draft picks. Denver could be a serious bidder for some of Atlanta's luggage if Kiki Vandeweghe wants it. The Nuggets are sitting on a $20 million lottery ticket named Juwan Howard. The Hawks at this point do seem to be the big player as the deadline approaches and many teams will go as the Hawks

• Premium Member

In reply to:

League sources are telling media outlets that the Lakers would like to make a deal if the Hawks are willing, the deal may include more than Terry, likely including Nazr Mohammed and would likely send Robert Horry and Kareem Rush to the Hawks.. Deal is on the table from what I have heard.

Don't get me wrong, I was a fan of Rush's too and I believe he will make a great pro... However, For Terry and Nazr?? Have we lost it?

Well, atleast it's not fisher.